Oyster.com's Hotel Tell-All iPad App Available Now on the App Store
Highly anticipated travel app launches with more than 600,000 photos of Oyster-reviewed hotels around the world
NEW YORK, February 14, 2012 / -- Oyster.com, The Hotel Tell-All, today released a new iPad app which will allow users to explore more than 600,000 original hotel photos in 125 of the world's top destinations.
You can't return a bad vacation. That's why Oyster.com, sends its expert hotel investigators around the world to visit and photograph every property featured on Oyster.
Now, travelers looking for a risk-free vacation can find their next hotel using the app's powerful search and filter functions, and view hotel collections by destination or theme. Price comparison of the web's top booking sites is also available within the app.
Oyster.com's iPad App delivers:
- No user reviews -- only Oyster's expert opinion
- A simple and honest approach to hotel reviews -- Oyster's proprietary pros, cons, bottom line, and pearl ratings
- More than 600,000 undoctored, high-quality photos taken at the hotel by Oyster's expert hotel investigators -- see every detail, from toilets to minibars to views
- Objective, expert hotel reviews, and detailed travel guides from Oyster's editorial board
- Powerful search -- filter by rating, price, amenity, location and many other details
- Oyster's hotel awards for luxury, kid-friendly, value, romance and more - hand-selected by Oyster's editorial board
- Oyster's collections of great hotels - by destination or theme
- Over 2,500 hotels -- and counting -- in 100+ destinations
- Highly useable interactive maps of hotels for every destination
"We always say, 'you can't return a bad vacation' because it's true: There's no fixing a vacation gone wrong, and it's easy to get duped by the other sites out there," said Ariel Charytan, Co-Founder and CCO of Oyster.com. "This app is the most visual and compelling way to find the perfect hotel and book it, all in one place."
Download Oyster's free app now from Apple's AppStore here.
About Oyster.com Oyster.com is the Hotel Tell-All -- the web's truth serum. Oyster.com's mission is to deliver unbiased, expert information about hotels and make it easy to discover the perfect destination. Oyster sends trained reviewers to visit, comprehensively photograph, critique and rate each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Featured on and in hundreds of media outlets including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Economist and many more, Oyster's hotel investigators visit every property in person and take hundreds of honest photos so that travelers know what to really expect when they arrive. Among the most popular destinations on the site are New York hotels, Miami hotels and Los Angeles hotels to name a few. Management includes Microsoft alum Eytan Seidman, formerly of Microsoft's Bing.com; and two highly accomplished serial entrepreneurs, Ariel Charytan and Elie Seidman. Oyster is funded by Bain Capital Ventures and The Travel Channel.