Hailey E. -- Oyster Reporter
Hailey has been strangely obsessed with hotel toiletries from a tender young age. She loves to travel and prefers hotels without televisions. If there is a television, it had better get Bravo. In previous lives, she taught Austrian teens English through the MTV-reference method and made pretty things in Hollywood. Most recently, she was an editor at Radar magazine until its untimely demise and blogged for the Village Voice about food and booze. Someday, she hopes to raise a French bulldog.
- Hotels Reviewed: 54
- Destination Expert for: New York
- Hometown: Northern California
- Places Lived: Chicago; Linz, Austria; Berlin; Prague, Czech Republic; Los Angeles; New York
- Education: B.S. in radio, TV, and film, Northwestern University; M.A. in journalism, cultural reporting, and criticism, New York University
- Prior Experience: Radar, the Village Voice, Lionsgate Films. Work has appeared in the Daily Beast, NYmag.com, the Brooklyn Rail, Blender, men.style.com, Reelz Channel, and Culture 11.
- My Favorite Hotel: Fisher Island Hotel, Miami -- I love anywhere your room comes with its own golf cart.
My Favorite Hotels
- Pearls: Rating: 5.0 Pearls
- Location: Fisher Island, Miami
This 45-room hotel is located among homes of the super-rich on a lush, private island that's a 10-minute ferry ride from the Miami mainland. It doesn't have the party scene, the high-design rooms, or the gourmet restaurants of the mainland luxury hotels. But its history, charm, and beautiful golf and tennis facilities make it a great choice for couples and families looking for something special.