Jennifer G. -- Oyster Reporter
Jennifer has already amassed more useless tchotchkes than most travelers could hope to obtain in an entire lifetime. This is in part due to her love of markets, where she can often be found snapping colorful photos and blowing too much money on things she doesn't need (fav markets include Mahane Yehudah in Jerusalem, Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, and Portobello Road markets in London). When not buying useless junk, Jennifer can be found watching the Food Network, dining at restaurants she can't afford, and trying to find the best bottles of wine under $12.
- Hotels Reviewed: 23
- Destination Expert for: New York City, Las Vegas
- Hometown: Merrick, New York
- Places lived: Great Neck, Merrick, and New York, N.Y.; Hanover, N.H., Prague, Czech Republic
- Education: B.A. in psychology and B.A. in geography, Dartmouth College
- Prior Experience: mediabistro.com, The Dartmouth. Contributed to: Time Out New York, Conde Nast Traveler, Psychology Today, Park Place magazine.
- Favorite Hotel: Andaz Wall Street, in New York. The design is clean and modern, the bar whips up delicious cocktails, and the bathrooms are downright sexy -- this is not your average downtown hotel. Plus there are freebies galore, from lobby snacks, to made-to-order barista coffee, to everything non-alcoholic in your minibar.
My Favorite Hotels
- Pearls: Rating: 3.5 Pearls
- Location: Midtown West, Manhattan
This attractive hotel sits on a less-than-attractive block in the wholesale Garment District, but its free Wi-Fi, lovely rooftop bar, modern restaurant, and proximity to tourist sites make it a great pick for the price. However, the rooms are a bit cramped.