Lauren G. -- Oyster Reporter
Lauren G. has a pronounced affinity for Finno-Ugrian culture, bizarre sea creatures, and cheese, none of which factored heavily in her conventional Midwestern upbringing in Indiana. When not committing Gilmore Girls dialogue to memory, she can be found consuming food porn, dancing to early '90s house, karaoke-ing to early '90s R&B, having philosophical discussions with her cat, Pippi Longstocking, and imbibing fizzy beverages. Simultaneously.
- Hotels Reviewed: 16
- Hometown: South Bend, Ind.
- Places Lived: South Bend, Ind.; Interlochen, Mich.; Bronxville, N.Y.; Boulder, Colo.; Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Education: B.A. in Liberal Arts from Sarah Lawrence College
- Prior Experience: Rolling Stone, RollingStone.com, Television Without Pity; Contributed to: Spin, The Village Voice, The Frisky, Nerve, USA Weekend.
- My Favorite Hotel: The Bowery Hotel, for emaciated celebutante watching
My Favorite Hotels
- Pearls: Rating: 4.0 Pearls
- Location: East Village, Manhattan
With 135 flawlessly appointed rooms, a super-hip bar tucked away in the nostalgic, velvet-filled lobby, 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, and free bike rentals, the Bowery Hotel redefines class in a gentrified downtown neighborhood where punk rock and squalor once ruled.