Paul B. -- Oyster Reporter
Paul was born in Seattle, grew up in Missouri, studied in Italy and temporarily settled in New York to pursue a travel journalism career. Before landing at Oyster, he spent eight months exploring the wilds of South America, eating steak in Uruguay, riding horses in Chile and attempting to salsa dance in Colombia. His friends -- and his parents -- are in no way surprised that his job involves staying in lots of hotels.
- Hotels Reviewed: 23
- Hometown: Jefferson City, Mo.
- Places Lived: Seattle; Jefferson City, Mo.; Rochester, N.Y.; Arezzo, Italy; Syracuse, N.Y.; New York; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
- Education: B.A. in Italian Studies, University of Rochester; M.A. in Magazine Journalism, Syracuse University
- Prior Experience: Jaunted.com, HotelChatter.com, Diversion magazine, Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, The Syracuse Post-Standard
- My Favorite Hotel: 6 Columbus: It may have taken an eternity to open, but with a killer restaurant, seamless service and slick rooms, it was worth the wait.