Sheraton Albuquerque UptownAlbuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Contemporary rooms with flat-screen TVs, white bedding, and dark wood furniture
- Heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi
- Large fitness center with cardio machines, free weights, and mats
- Big business center with multiple computer stations
- East-facing rooms have great views of the mountains
- Free self-parking
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi
- Indoor pool area can get hot in summer
- Rooms show some wear and tear
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A contemporary high-rise chain hotel with mountain views and an indoor pool
This Sheraton has fresh, contemporary decor throughout: in the the lobby lounge, with its corporate-chic decor, in the sleek business center, and in the rooms, which feature white bedding and dark wood furniture. Attractive art in the public spaces-- such as slender ceramics and bright paintings -- add to the modern look.
The Sheraton offers extensive features: two dining options (a casual restaurant and a coffee shop); an indoor pool area (though it can get hot in the summertime); and over 17,000 square feet of event space.
Overall, this is a great upper-middle-range chain option -- but there are a few downsides. There's a daily fee for Wi-Fi, and some rooms have minor maintenance issues such as cracked power outlets or burned out light bulbs.
In Uptown, within walking distance of restaurants and shopping
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown sits in the Uptown shopping district, within walking distance of many shops, restaurants, and businesses. The hotel is also very close to I-40, making it a quick drive to most of Albuquerque’s attractions, such as the Balloon Fiesta Park and Old Town.
Sitting along the Rio Grande at an elevation of 5,312 feet, Albuquerque occupies a high-desert environment. The city was founded in 1706 by the Spanish as a colonial outpost in the New World. Today, Albuquerque is home to more than 530,000 people of more than 70 different ethnicities, including Native Americans, Latinos, and Anglos, making it the largest city in New Mexico. Albuquerque retains connections to the past and its culture in the architecture, artwork, and cuisine found throughout the city.
Less known to some, Albuquerque is also a center of high-tech industry and research. The Sandia National Laboratory, General Electric, and Kirtland Air Force Base all call the city home. It’s also the ballooning capital of the world. Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta each October, an event that is arguably one of the most photographed in the world. Local hot air balloon companies offer rides to visitors year round.
As a four-season city with 300 sunny days a year, Albuquerque has an active community of golfers, hikers, skiers, horseback riders, mountain bikers, and fishermen. The Sandia Mountains to the east provide a high-altitude respite from the summer heat and many miles of forested trails, and a winter playground featuring Sandia Peak Ski Area. Any visit to Albuquerque is incomplete without a ride on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, the longest tram in the world, ascending 2.7 miles from the outskirts of the city to the Sandia Mountains at 10,378 feet.
Whatever you do in the outdoors here, be sure to stay well-hydrated -- mild temperatures can be deceiving, and the high elevation can take its toll even on the fittest adventurers.
- 10-minute walk to Uptown Albuquerque shops
- 10-minute drive to the University of New Mexico Championship Golf Course
- 15-minute drive to downtown Albuquerque
- 15-minute drive to historic Old Town Albuquerque
- 15-minute drive from Albuquerque International Airport
- 15-minute drive to BioPark (including the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden, and Tingley Beach)
- 15-minute drive to National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
20-minute drive to Balloon Fiesta Park 20-minute drive to Petroglyph National Monument 25-minute drive to Sandia Peak Tramway 1.5-hour drive to Santa Fe
Rooms have contemporary decor, and some have great mountain views -- but there are minor maintenance issues
The Sheraton's rooms have contemporary decor: white bedding, dark wood furniture, and bright, attractive paintings on canvas. The decor is chain-like, with little local flavor, but still perfectly pleasant. There are minor maintenance issues, including some scuff marks on the walls and cracked electrical outlets.
- Juliette balconies (just a railing); sliding glass doors only open a few inches.
- Flat-screen TVs
- Bathrooms with granite countertops and shower/tub combos
- Wi-Fi (for a fee)
- Rollaway beds and cribs available
- The standard Traditional Rooms are 250 square feet. Club Level rooms include access to the Club Level Lounge with free breakfast and snacks.
- Junior Suites are 460 square feet and have separate a bedroom. Jacuzzi Suites are 680 square feet and have a separate living room as well as two bathrooms (one with a jetted tub).
- East-facing rooms up to the fifth floor may include a view of the huge air conditioner complex.
- Rooms on the sixth floor and above that face east will have great views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Rooms facing west will look over the city.
An indoor pool and Jacuzzi, plus a big fitness center
- Indoor pool is open year-round, but the room can get hot in summer
- The large fitness center has cardio machines, free weights, exercise balls and mats, a water cooler, and wood floors.
- The corporate-chic business center has multiple computer stations with big monitors, as well as printers.
- Free self-parking
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- View more amenities
A casual restaurant serving New Mexican fare, plus a coffee bar
- The ABQ Grill Restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and serves food with a New Mexican twist, such as Huevos Rancheros.
- The Sol Cafe is open all day and has coffee, snacks, and light fare.
- The Lobby Lounge is open daily and has flat-screen TVs. The ABQ Grill menu is served.
- Room service available
Customers Who Viewed Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Address2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, United States
- Club Level
- Hospitality Suites
- Jacuzzi Suites
- Junior Suites