Travel Guide of De Pijp, Amsterdam for: Aalborg HotelDe Pijp, Amsterdam, Netherlands
De Pijp Summary
- Quaint area, with a sunny park and some shop-lined streets
- A famous outdoor market
- The Heineken Experience, in the former Heineken brewery
- Lots of ethnic cuisine, including Korean
- Within walking distance of numerous museums
- Hotels are (generally) less expensive than those in the nearby Canal Ring
- Most attractions are a tram ride away
What It's Like
In Amsterdam's southern district, just south of the Canal Ring and a short walk from the Museum Quarter, De Pijp is a quaint, working class neighborhood. Its park, Sarphatipark, and its outdoor market are most popular during the summertime, when visitors can grab tasty treats at the market and then picnic in the park. But throughout the year, the neighborhood attracts tourists with its many ethnic restaurants (the area is known for having great Korean food), shops, and several attractions including the Heineken Experience (at the former Heineken brewery). For attractions in the city center, however, guests will have to take a tram.
Where To Stay
There are not a ton of hotels in the area, but De Pijp is a good option for those hoping to be close to the Museum Quarter or the picturesque Canal Ring, without having to pay Canal Ring prices.