Hotel Sebastian'sCanal Ring, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Small, intimate hotel situated on the picturesque Keizersgracht Canal, near the Jordaaon and its outdoor markets
- A 10-minute walk to Centraal Station
- Funky and colorful decor and design
- Stylish rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks
- Breakfast buffet (for a fee), and a bar with light fare for lunch and dinner
- Bike rentals (for a fee)
- Fee for breakfast buffet
- No business center, fitness center, pool, or sauna
- Some rooms have showers only
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 22 Amenities
- 55 Canal View Medium Double Room with Shower & Toilet
- 56 Canal View Small Double Room with Shower & Toilet
- 73 Large Double Room with Extra Bed, Bath & Toilet
- 48 Large Double Room with Shower & Toilet
- 70 Quadruple Room wth Bath & Toilet
Oyster Hotel Review
Quirky, colorful decor and boutique comfort
The interiors of the intimate, three-floor Sebastian's are downright theatrical, especially the lobby, with its backlit bar and orange and purple color combo. Hallways continue the orange-and-purple scheme, and chandeliers hang in some hallways. The 34 stylish rooms are done in similarly rich colors. Sebastian's draws mostly tourists, who congregate at its breakfast buffet and in the bar/cafe. The hotel is ideal for travelers who want boutique comfort on the canal in "old Amsterdam" near the bustling Jordaan.
A canal-side location, which is a short stroll from the Jordaan and Anne Frank House.
Sebastian's is located right on the Keizersgracht, one of Amsterdam's most picturesque canals, which is part of the 17th-century Canal Ring that has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. A short walk west is the charming Jordaan District and its gardens, art galleries, specialty shops, restaurants, cafes, and outdoor markets. The Anne Frank House and Westerkerk Church are about a half mile south, Dam Square is about a half mile southeast, and the area with the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, and Stedelijk Museum is about one and a half miles south. Centraal Station and its major train and tram hub is about a 10-minutute walk east of Sebastian's. Schiphol Amsterdam Airport is 17 and a half miles southwest.
Stylish boutique rooms with flat-screen TVs and iPod docks
Sebastian's 34 boutique rooms are almost "boudoir" in their style, with their dark feel and rich colors of rust, orange, rose, wine, purple, navy blue, and chocolate brown. Those who want more natural light should ask for an upper-floor room. Rooms are decked out with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and coffee/tea makers. Some rooms have canal views, and others have views of the neighboring courtyard gardens.
A breakfast buffet and bar/cafe with lunch and dinner items
Hotel Sebastian's serves an ample breakfast buffet (for a fee), which includes eggs, bacon, sausages, breads, pastries, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice, and more. Also on-site is a stylishly decorated bar, which serves cappuccinos, beer, wine, cocktails, and light fare such as soups and panini for lunch and dinner. There's also a laundry room, bike rentals (for a fee), a 24-hour front desk, and tour assistance.