Travel News Tuesday: What's New?
- Momma Kris Kardashian spent the weekend with her ducklings Kim, Kourtney and Robert at the W Dallas, where Khloe and hubby Lamar Odom (above) are renting a suite. [HotelChatter.com]
- President Obama made a quick overnight stop in Vegas last week and chose a quiet, eco-friendly hotel: the Element Las Vegas Summerlin, which has some amazing green features. [LasVegasSun.com]
- Starting on January 26, all airlines are required to include “all mandatory taxes and fees in the advertised fare” in order to comply with a new U.S. Department of Transportation rule. Plus, passengers can now put a reservation on hold for 24 hours without having to pay for it. [FoxNews.com]
- To fight the “TSA regulations limiting liquids in carry-ons”, Rosewood Hotels is introducing the 24-hour fragrance butlers, who will offer guests a wide range of perfumes to choose from. [USAToday.com]
- Alaska Airlines is putting an end to 30 years of prayer-card distribution among its first class passengers. But Sarah Palin isn't too happy about it. [LATimes.com]
- Downton Abbey fans, start packing: Highclere Castle, featured in the Emmy-award series, has opened its doors. You and three others can explore and dine at the estate for $12,000. [Vagabondish.com]