NEW FEATURE: Oyster’s Fact or Fakeout
Rather than dish out our travel news in standard form, we're going to be doing it in true Oyster fashion: by presenting the latest hotel happenings in a unique, fun and 'lil bit freaky way. Every week we’ll make a synopsis of goings on in our hotel collection, with crazy facts and fun stories that you’ll have to try to guess if they're facts or true Oyster fakeouts. Take your chances, answer the questions, and check out the results -- you may be surprised to find out what you learn!
The Presidential Suite at The St. Regis New York; New York, NY
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The St. Regis New York’s Presidential Suite can hold 68 of The Jane Hotel’s smallest rooms.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The most expensive item on the Bryant Park Hotel’s sex toy menu tops the NYC spot's nightly room rates.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The Inn at Palmetto Bluff (in Carolina's Lowcountry) offers Alligator Tracking as part of its Adventure Program.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The Presidential Suite is 3,400 square feet, and the Bunk Bed Cabins at New York's Jane Hotel are just 50 square feet each!.
2. FAKEOUT! While the most expensive purchase is the vibrator WE Vibe for couples ($130), a Superior Room at the Bryant Park Hotel will cost you well over $250.
3. FACT! Guests can accompany a local researcher studying the influences of a changing landscape on alligator movement patterns.