The grounds at the Flamingo Las Vegas; Las Vegas, NV
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Gangster and original owner of the Flamingo Las Vegas, Bugsy Siegel, named the property after his favorite bird -- he had 15 of them living at his own mansion.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Purchasing a lounge chair from Brown Jordan -- the exact ones bought for the pool at The Venetian Resort and Casino in Las Vegas- is more expensive than one weekend night in one of the hotel's Luxury Suites.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Since the late 1950s, more movies have been filmed at the Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles than at any other hotel in the Los Angeles area.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! The Flamingo is actually named after Siegel's girlfriend’s super-sexy legs -- she was a show girl, after all.
2. FACT! Buying one of the Venetian pool chairs will set you back $300, but a Friday or Saturday night in a Luxury Suite goes for $269.
3. FACT! Nearly 20 movies were shot at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel since 1958, including Vertigo, King Kong and Wedding Crashers.