Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: Mariah and Nick's Jet-Set Trip to Paris, Blowout Furniture Giveaways, and More
The Eiffel Suite at the Hotel Plaza Athenee -- maybe its where Mariah likes to stay when in the City of Light?
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon had a loud, dramatic fight in front of a bunch of paparazzi at the Hotel Plaza Athenee in Paris.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The InterContinental San Francisco has just launched a new loyalty program, which includes having a suite named after the hotel's most favorite returning guests.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The Wilshire Grand Hotel is reopening only for a massive furniture giveaway in preparation for its total demolition this summer.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The family Kimpton Hotels in Seattle now boasts a “cruise concierge,” who will help those cruising to Alaska out of the city make the most out of the few hours they have in Seattle.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The Days Inn in Niagara Falls was recently the victim of a three-dozen-cast-iron-tub theft.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! The diva songstress and her hosting renewed their wedding vows at the top of the Eiffel Tower, and invited all photographers to the party that followed at the Hotel Plaza Athenee.
2. FACT! “Milestone Stay” program rewards repeat guests with different special upgraded amenities, and on your 250th stay, you'll be able to name a suite after yourself, which would mean you’ve stayed about one weekend a month or the last 20 years.
3. FAKEOUT! Every piece of furniture, from toilet paper dispensers ($2), to air conditioning units ($4,500), to kitchen sinks ($350) and coat hangers ($0.33), will be sold at a low -- but nonetheless fixed -- price.
4. FACT! The Alexis Hotel, the Monaco Hotel and Hotel Vintage Park are also offering a “Come Sail Away Cruise Package”, which includes town car transportation to the cruise terminal, daily $20 dining credit at the hotel, luggage tags, and a welcome gift.
5. FACT! The hotel management reported that over 30 tubs disappeared over the course of a month. They were piled up in the basement while the property was under construction.