Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: Two-Dollar Rooms, Shady Deals in Los Angeles, and More
The Junior Suite at the Dream South Beach -- Doesn't it just feel so SoBe?
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Dream South Beach is offering a $2/night room rate in honor of its second anniversary on June 1.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The price of a pair of the sunglasses included in the W Los Angeles Westwood's "Shades of Summer" package is worth about half of the price of the entire package itself.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A woman recently won a yacht while playing a penny slot machine at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Ace x Tanner Goods Bracelets sold at the Ace Hotel and Swim Club in Palm Springs cost one-third of the price of a weeknight stay.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Hotel Indigo Edinburgh’s room service includes a private ,10-minute stand-up comedy act.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! You can get one of the hotel’s sexy rooms for $199 -- a close second. [Ed: pun intended!] Add $50 to the nightly total to receive a romantic order of chocolate-covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne and continental breakfast for two.
2. FACT! And that’s only the cheapest pair of Mosley Tribe sunglasses (which currently are priced around $165) — the most expensive pair is just $100 cheaper than the $379 "Shades of Summer" package. I mean, fashion does come at a price.
3. FAKEOUT! Instead of a yacht, the lucky lady won a $150,000 car. Not bad either, eh? Needless to say, we’re already planning our next trip to The Cosmo.
4. FACT! These hipster-approved bracelets cost $50 -- and spending a weeknight at the hotel will set you back three times as much.
5. FAKEOUT! This service was only available for three days at the beginning of May, but the hotel says it will offer it again in the near future.