Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: Red Carpet Arrivals, Cheating Princesses, and More!
The One-Bedroom Suite at the Swissotel Sydney; Sydney, Australia
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Swissotel Sydney is now offering discounted rates for guests who arrive in a hybrid car.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Saudi Princess Maha al-Sudari left a $7+ million bill unpaid at the Shangri-La Hotel Paris (and it's not in her plans to settle it).
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Goring in London just launched the “Bath Menu”, which lets guests choose their favorite scents from a selection of Molton Brown toiletries.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Lords South Beach hotel has sued the Hotel On Rivington in New York for making its lobby a carbon copy of the Lords’ foyer.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The "Little Legends Package" at The Beverly Hills Hotel includes a “Red Carpet Arrival” for children, complete with sunglasses and a boa for girls, and a top hat for boys.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! The hotel is offering free valet parking service for hybrid vehicle owners, but room rates are the same for all guests.
2. FACT! The former wife of Prince Nayef Ben Abdel Aziz snuck out of the hotel in the middle of the night after having rented the entire 7th floor for six months. She has diplomatic immunity, so law enforcers can’t make her pay.
3. FACT! The Bath Menu will be available this summer only, and includes fragrances such as Madagascan black peppercorn oil and Chinese ylang-ylang.
4. FAKEOUT! Both hotels are teaming up to create a hotel within a hotel (they're calling it a "pop-up") ahead of Pride Week, an initiative that includes transforming the Rivington’s lobby into the Lords’.
5. FACT! The package starts at $545 per night and includes one sundae or milkshake per child, a T-shirt, and a personalized chocolate star amenity. We guess we’ll be seeing Suri Cruise around a lot?