Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: In-Flight Fashion Shows, Hidden Cameras in Hotel Bathrooms, and More!
Junior Suite at the Singapore Marriott Hotel -- wouldn't you *love* staying here? We def would.
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Marriott Rewards Elite Platinum Elite members now get automatic upgrades into a suite at most Marriott-brand hotels in Asia-Pacific.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Stephen Baldwin recently saved a woman who was having an epileptic seizure at The Peninsula New York’s bar.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Hilton Hotels has just unveiled a limited-edition pair of slippers by designer Vivienne Tam that cost the same as the best available rate on a weekend night at the Hilton Charlotte City Center.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A low-cost Vietnamese airline has been fined $960 for an in-flight bikini dance show.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? An employee at the Omni San Diego Hotel was recently caught installing a hidden camera inside one of the hotel’s public bathrooms.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! Upgrades are limited to the member’s personal guestroom only, and they are subject to the hotel’s discretion for stays longer than three nights.
2. FACT! The actor was having a drink with his publicist when a woman at the bar began having convulsions. Having grown up with an epileptic family member, he didn’t think twice and rushed over to help her. “It was pretty violent”, Baldwin later said.
3. FAKEOUT! The best available rate on a weekend night is about $169, but the slippers will only set you back $28. They are available for purchase online on HiltonHome.com and for Hilton Huanying program members.
4. FACT! VietJet Air was fined for “violating local aviation regulations” by putting together “an unapproved show on a flight”, stated the chief inspector of Civil Aviation Adminstration of Vietnam. The carrier was celebrating its inaugural flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang.
4. FACT! The camera was running when the employee placed it in the bathroom, so police were able to identify and arrest him. However, due to the absence of identifiable victims, authorities cannot press charges.