The Sedona Summit Resort is already making us wanna take a snooze -- how comfy does it look?
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Sedona Summit Resort is looking to “redefine the guest sleep experience” with custom-made, three-pound pillows for each guest.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A jury has ordered the owner of Hotel Shangri-La Santa Monica to pay over $1 million to a group of Jewish customers for discrimination.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Hotel Casa Del Mar is trying to improve the lobby bar service with a gadget that reads the guest’s mind and sends orders to a computer used by the bartenders.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? No need to fret if the Mandalay Bay’s wedding chapel is booked up and you just need to tie the knot -- Sin City now boasts the Wedding Wagon, which is a van that drives around the city and can marry couples on the spot.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The teen concierge at all Omni Hotels will double as a babysitter and tour guide, and take your kids out while you relax (or do just about anything else).
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The pillow, which is the heaviest in the entire hospitality industry, will be available for use at all hotels owned by Diamond Resorts International, as well as for purchase on DiscoverMyDiamond.com.
2. FACT! The owner allegedly ordered the hotel’s staff to put an end to a party thrown by the Friends of Israel Defense Forces at the property’s pool.
3. FAKEOUT! The hotel has just presented "mind-reading" cat ears to don, which monitor the wearer's brainwaves to determine the mood he or she is in, and consequently will perk up or drop down, depending on whether the user is alert or relaxed.
4. FACT! The legal officiant charges $99 per ceremony -- photos included -- and can marry the couple at the site of their choice.
5. FAKEOUT! The “Omni Teen Connection”, which was inspired by the on-site teen concierge at the Omni Berkshire Place, offers teenage guests suggestions for activities to do during their stay at select Omni hotels, but they won’t accompany them nor play babysitter.