Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: Celebrities Posing Naked, Airport Hotel Concierges, and More!
Bar Rendez-Vous at the Ibis Amsterdam Centre; Amsterdam, Holland
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Participating Ibis Hotels in Europe feature rooms equipped with robot arms programmed to create unique pantings by interpreting data sent by guests’ movements, temperatures and noises while sleeping on a special mattress.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The economic output generated by domestic and international visitors to the States in 2011 was almost three times the military budget of the U.S. in the 2010 fiscal year.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Chateau Marmont will be releasing a portrait book of celebrities posed naked inside the hotel’s rooms.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Mark has just launched a new service in which airport concierges direct guests to private Immigration booths that cater exclusively to the hotel's guests.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa is now offering elliptical machines that can be ridden like bicycles for guests' use.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! This initiative is part of the “Sleep Art” program, which will be streamed live on Facebook starting on October 8th. Sadly, the Ibis Amsterdam Centre -- one of our favorite Ibis hotels -- is not part of it.
2. FACT! The economic output was $1.9 trillion, which is about 2.7x the total spending of the Department (about $680 billion) for the fiscal year of 2010.
3. FAKEOUT! The photography book, available October 31st, depicts celebrities sleeping in the hotel’s rooms, but most of them will probably be wearing pajamas.
4. FAKEOUT! The airport concierge escorts guests from the gate to the hotel, but you won’t be seeing any The Mark Hotel Immigration booths at JFK -- yet.
5. FACT! Selected Westin properties started offering ElliptiGo machines this summer as part of the first phase of an outdoor fitness program that the company expects to expand globally by 2013.