Oyster's Fact or Fakeout: $87,000 Spa Packages, Election Day Flash Sales, and More!
The Madison One-Bedroom Suite at The Mark; New York, NY
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Emma Stone, Russell Crowe, Naomi Watts, Jonah Hill and Marc Jacobs were all spotted hanging out in The Mark’s lobby during Hurricane Sandy.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino will offer a free weekend stay in the property to every guest that posts pictures on the hotel’s Facebook or Twitter pages proving that he or she voted today.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? P. Diddy recently crashed his car right outside The Beverly Hills Hotel after another driver swerved in front of his Cadillac Escalade.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Four Seasons’ $71,000 Around-the-World Tour By Private Jet package includes a stop at the Four Seasons Hualalai, which was selected due to its convenient on-site landing strip.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta is offering an $87,000 spa package that includes stem cell treatments and hair transplants.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! Many celebrities found themselves without power and hot water during the storm so they migrated north to this historic hotel. Others, such as Mary Kate Olsen and beau Oliver Sarkozy, were spotted sheltering at The Carlyle, a Rosewood Hotel.
2. FAKEOUT! As much as they want us to vote, the hotel will only offer a 20% discount to those who post on the Facebook or Twitter pages. Still, that's a pretty good deal for doing your civic duty -- don’t forget your camera today, people!
3. FACT! Diddy’s SUV slammed into the other vehicle, resulting in extensive damage but no serious injuries. Hotel employees rushed to the scene.
4. FAKEOUT! The Four Seasons Hualalai is arguably one of the most exclusive hotels in Hawaii, but it does not have a private landing strip. Still, it’s one of the Four Season guests’ favorites, so it was included in the tour, which takes a handful of lucky tourists on a private jet to eight countries in 22 days.
5. FAKEOUT! The Ritz-Carlton property offering this over-the-top package is the Ritz-Carlton Seoul. It was specially designed for 180 well-heeled Chinese tourists that chartered a flight to the South Korean capital.