Lobby at The St. Regis Deer Valley; Park City, UT
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Designer Jason Wu has created an exclusive handbag for The St. Regis Deer Valley, which can be purchased online along with dozens of other gifts given the property’s stamp of approval.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Island Shangri-La in Hong Kong offers its guests free use of USB modems during their trip, so that they can get on-the-go Internet access even outside the hotel.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Lindsay Lohan and her mom were turned down by several L.A. hotels before being allowed to book a room at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Sweet Surrender candy store at the Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas is now selling a $750 cupcake.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Affinia Manhattan will host the 3,200 dogs taking part in the 137th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The handbag -- which was actually designed for the entire St. Regis brand and not exclusively for the Park City property -- is made of classic canvas and black Italian leather. It's on sale for a whopping $1,995, and fashionistas such as Coco Rocha and Alexa Chung have been spotted sporting it on their travels.
2. FAKEOUT! Rather than USB modems, Shangri-La Hotels are offering free Wi-Fi in all hotel cars, which can be booked for transportation to and from the airport, as well as for trips to sights and attractions during their stay.
3. FACT! Rumor has it that both the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel and the Shutters on the Beach turned them away. LiLo and DiLo were in town for Lindsay’s court hearing.
4. FACT! The cupcake is made with rare chocolate beans, Tahitian Gold Vanilla Caviar and Louis XIII de Remy Martin Cognac. Requests for the ornate cupcake must be put in at least 48 hours in advance of pick-up.
5. FAKEOUT! While the hotel is one of the most pet-friendly properties in New York, it will only host some of the participants. Standard amenities for four-legged guests are dog beds, chew toys, treats and dog bowls.