Fact or Fakeout: Elton John's Special Requests, Bedtime Reminders, and More!
Pool at the Relais & Chateaux Santa Teresa; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Elton John requested a separate room for his collection of glasses (of which he has almost 25,000) during his recent stay at the Relais & Chateaux Santa Teresa hotel in Rio de Janeiro.
2. FACT OF FAKEOUT? The Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles rolled out a menu last month that offers several meals that are 500 calories or fewer.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Benjamin hotel in New York City now allows guests to request calls to their rooms about an hour before bedtime to remind them to power off their electronic devices and prepare to go to sleep.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A cup of seasonal, gourmet hot chocolate at the Four Seasons Resort Vail’s Fireside Lounge will set you back $16.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Time hotel in New York recently unveiled a life-size statue of NBA star Dennis Rodman, who has stated several times in interviews that this is his favorite hotel in Manhattan.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! Or is it? We’ll let you decide. Even though a Brazilian newspaper published it as a true story, the singer’s spokesperson claims that it never happened. Also, he was staying at the Ouro Minas Palace Hotel in Belo Horizonte, not in Rio. That part's for certain.
2. FACT! The hotel’s Breeze restaurant has created the Perfectly Portioned menu -- which includes healthy items such as salads and different types of fish -- right in time for bikini season.
3. FACT! The hotel launched the “Work-Down Call” on the occasion of the return to Daylight Saving Time to help guests get a good night’s sleep. This service is available through the Sleep Concierge.
4. FACT! The “Haut Chocolate” is made with Valrhona chocolate, steamed milk, homemade chocolate marshmallows, and a dark chocolate lattice that melts as the liquid is being poured over it.
5. FAKEOUT! Rodman, who has actually said The Time is his favorite hotel, was allegedly escorted out of the bar after making several guests uncomfortable with a rant about what a great guy North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is. His rep denies the story, stating that Rodman relocated on his own for security reasons.