Fact or Fakeout: Private Hotel Airport Terminals, Hotel Fashion Trucks in LA, and More!
Wet Republic Pool at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino; Las Vegas, NV
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Renting a poolside at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on a weekend can cost almost four times as much as the nightly rate of a Petite King Room, which -- at 350 square feet -- is the smallest in the resort.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong has just opened its own private terminal in the city's airport, featuring two lounges and one-stop immigration, customs and baggage screening services all in one space.
3. FACT OF FAKEOUT? The Morgans Group, owner of the Delano Hotel in South Beach, has announced the property will be closing on April 30th due to a conflict with the hotel’s largest stakeholder.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The W Los Angeles Westwood features a fashion truck that will be visiting the property the second Friday of every month, now through August 9th.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Omni Hotels is adding a new top-notch service to its list -- it has just hired The Biggest Loser’s nutritionist to help create a healthier, more balanced restaurant and room service menu.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! A Petite King Room runs at an average of $205 on weekends, and a cabana by the pool will set you back up to $800 per day. Prices drop to $400/day during the week.
2. FAKEOUT! Well, sort of. The Kowloon Shangri-La might not have opened its own private air terminal, but its sister property in the Maldives, the Shangri-La Villingili Resort, has. The Executive Terminal is located five minutes by speedboat from the resort.
3. FAKEOUT! Morgans Group announced it will be selling its stakes, but will still operate the hotel, and the Delano will not close its doors.
4. FACT! Le Fashion Truck features designer jewelry, T-shirts, and dresses, and will be parked outside the hotel from 5 to 7 p.m.
5. FACT! Award-winning chef and nutritionist Cheryl Forberg will revamp all menus, including the kids’ options.