Lobby at The Jade Hotel, New York City
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The boutique Jade Hotel may only be a few months old, but it has already has some pretty famous visitors. Last week, Cameron Diaz was spotted getting drinks at the bar and flirting with strangers.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Westin St. John is one of three Starwood properties that make up the first shift towards the brand reducing its carbon footprint worldwide. The new green initiative will include the installation of high-tech water savers that will reduce wasted water at the hotel by 50 percent.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Wyndham Hotel Group added Singapore to its destination list this week with the opening of a Days Inn and a Ramada.
4. FACT OF FAKEOUT? The general manager of the Lancaster London, along with numerous other volunteers, scaled up the side of the hotel in order to raise money for Kickstart Programme.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Room service is pricey no matter where you go, but in a recent study, TripAdvisor found that Denver and Dallas offer the best value as far as room service. Not surprisingly, New York City and Honolulu offered the worst.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! We can at least vouch that she visited the hotel's Grape & Vine cocktail bar, located off of the lobby, with friends. Though some report she graciously indulged a man who gave getting her digits a shot, others say she left the bar solo.
2. FAKEOUT! While the St. John Westin is taking part in Starwood's new green initiative, the installment features a solar array so that the hotel can generate its own solar power, not save water.
3. FACT! Both hotels have opened in Zhongshan Park, the newest development area in Singapore, and include over 350 rooms each.
4. FAKEOUT! She may not have scaled the side, but General Manager Sally Beck did have a lot of guts and she did raise money for Kickstart -- but by repelling down the side of the hotel (with full safety gear), not scaling up it.
5. FACT! The survey compared prices across destinations to find where you get the most bang for your buck on room service menus.