Fact or Fakeout: Karl Lagerfeld-Designed Hotels, The World's First Space Hotel, and More!
Lobby at the Sofitel Buenos Aires; Buenos Aires, Argentina
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Karl Lagerfeld has signed a contract with Sofitel Hotels to design all of the rooms at the Sofitel Buenos Aires, the restaurants at Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam, and the lobby at the Sofitel Los Angeles.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Plaza Athenee Paris recently celebrated its 50th birthday with a cake five meters long.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Fancy a free five-night stay at the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino (or any of the oMarriott resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico)? The chain is offering the giveaway to their Facebook and Pinterest fans.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel in Barcelona will undergo massive renovations, lasting through late 2014, to become the world’s first “space hotel." It will include a zero-gravity spa and panoramic impressions of the universe.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Hotel Palomar Dallas’s new “Travel Lite” fitness package includes a one-hour morning run with the hotel manager.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! Lagerfeld will only be involved in some aspects of the design of the new Sofitel So Singapore, slated to open in early November.
2. FAKEOUT! The historic hotel was celebrating its 100th birthday with a 10-meter long cake. Yum!
3. FACT! Participants must create a board named “My Marriott Resorts Vacation," and repin several of the images found on the Marriott’s “Pin Your Dream Vacation Board." The contest is open through June 21.
4. FAKEOUT! There are plans of building a space hotel, but the Eurostars will only be its neighbor – the property will be on Barcelona Island, a piece of land off the Barcelona coast. Two other space hotels are in the works: one in Los Angeles and the other in Hong Kong.
5. FACT! The package also includes in-room yoga mats, loaner bikes, passes to Exhale Spa, and healthy snacks.