Fact or Fakeout: Emmys Hotel After-Parties, Sickness-Inducing Hotel Smells (Yuck), and More!
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Is this too good to be true?! Through mid-September, the Gansevoort Park Avenue's outdoor gelato cart is giving away free scoops every Wednesday from noon to 2 p.m.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? At last night's Netflix Emmys after-party at the iconic Chateau Marmont,Lindsay Lohan racked up a tab of over $40,000 for items such as cigarettes and minibar munchies.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The luxe SLS brand, with properties in Beverly Hills and South Beach, just opened its first hotel in Las Vegas.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A Hazmat team was called into a Seattle hotel yesterday after medics had to treat 17 guests for sickness caused by a strong, unknown odor.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? All Ritz-Carlton properties, such as the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta and the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, now offer an app with real-time service requests, so you can put in your room service order over your smartphone.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! Like many other hotels jumping on the trend, the Gansevoort offers artisanal gelato (with flavors like Nutella), and for a couple hours on Wednesday afternoons, it's free. The Mondrian Soho's rooftop also sells gelato, and down south, Riviera Maya's luxe Rosewood Mayakoba treats guests with free hibiscus-flavored slushies.
2. FAKEOUT! That was so 2012! Netflix did host a post-Emmys party at the hotel last night, where celebs like Kevin Spacey and Will Arnett celebrated till the wee hours. Not in attendance? Lohan.
3. FACT! The high-rise hotel has bookings available for Labor Day weekend. With gorgeous rooms and a sparkling casino, the SLS has pulled out all the stops, especially in the food department: Eateries include Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres, Katsuya by Starck, and Umami Burger.
4. FACT! We wish it weren't so! But 17 guests, including airline flight crews, of the Coast Gateway Hotel did have to be treated for minor injuries (like respiratory problems) after inhaling a strong stench. The source is yet to be determined, but it was being investigated as to whether it could have been caused by pepper spray released during an argument in one of the hotel rooms.
5. FAKEOUT! The luxury brand has launched a helpful app with services like digital check-in and check-out, but only at the Ritz-Carlton Naples can guests use the app to put in food and beverage requests -- at the pool, no less.