DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta DowntownDowntown, Atlanta, Georgia
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Rooms lack mini-fridges and full-length mirrors
- No in-room safes (safe storage available at front desk)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
An average chain hotel (with a few extra perks) in a great location
With 312 rooms, the DoubleTree is your typical chain hotel in many ways -- the restaurant is nothing special, the carpets are busy, and Wi-Fi access is not free. But the hotel has some extra perks that are missing at similar chain hotels. The lobby has a convenience store with almost everything you may need (or may have forgotten at home) -- snacks, drinks, toiletries, medicine -- and the gym is large, with many machines and free loaner headphones.
The hotel is located in Downtown Atlanta, and many business travelers stay here and use its business facilities (the hotel has 17 meeting rooms). But being downtown means that the hotel is also close to most of Atlanta's tourist attractions, and many families also stay at the hotel and enjoy the (not-so-pristine) outdoor pool.
In Downtown Atlanta, right by Peachtree Road
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown is right by Peachtree Road, a street lined with restaurants and bars in Downtown Atlanta. It's a great location for both business travelers and families, near numerous conference centers and tourist attractions -- like the Georgia Aquarium (the largest in the world) and The Children's Museum.
Once sparsely populated and somewhat seedy, Downtown Atlanta now draws crowds year-round. The neighborhood started as a business and financial hub (and it still is), but it has slowly become one of the most interesting areas in the city for tourists as well as for locals. Hotels, shops and restaurants are everywhere you look, housed mostly in gleaming skyscrapers.
- 18-minute drive to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 5-minute walk to Centennial Olympic Park and the Fountain of Rings
- 8-minute walk to Imagine It! The Children's Museum of Atlanta
- 9-minute walk to the World of Coca-Cola Museum
- 10-minute walk to the Georgia Aquarium
- 10-minute walk to Georgia State University
- 10-minute drive to the Atlanta Zoo, or 23 minutes via public transportation
- 11-minute drive to High Museum of Art, or 9 minutes via public transportation
All guest rooms (aside from the suites) are 366 square feet -- not small, per se, but the furniture configuration make them feel a bit tighter than other similarly sized rooms in Atlanta. Guests can opt for rooms on the concierge level for extra amenities like free breakfast, and access to the Concierge Lounge.
Decorated with golds, reds, and wood paneling, the rooms feel cozy and the beds are uber-comfortable, piled with down pillows.
The bathrooms are small, with shower/tub combos, but they feature lots of counter space and well-lit vanity mirrors.
- All guest rooms (both Standard and Concierge Level) are 366 square feet. Upgrading to a Junior Suite almost doubles your space, to 715 square feet, and gets you a sofa bed and a separate living room.
- Comfy beds with down pillows
- Bathrooms have shower/tub combos
- Flat-screen TVs
- No mini-bar or full-length mirror
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi
- A large fitness center -- each cardio machine has its own TV, and headphones are available for use
- The outdoor pool needs cleaning (we saw some debris on the surface and dirt on the pool floor).
- Convenience store in the lobby with snacks and toiletries
- Business area with printers and three computers
- 17 meeting rooms
- Pricey valet parking
- No pets allowed
- View full list of amenities
Typical hotel fare at the restaurant and bar
The hotel has an on-site restaurant, called Aura, and a bar, Liquid. Aura is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and serves typical hotel fare -- it's nothing special, but it's a convenient place to grab a meal. Liquid opens in the afternoon and offers small plates and cocktails through the evening.
Customers Who Viewed DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
School may be back in session (groan...), but students don’t have to wait until Spring Break for their next set…
Things You Should Know About DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Address160 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, United States
- Concierge Level Guest Room
- Deluxe Guest Room
- Junior Suite