Harrah's Resort Atlantic CityAtlantic City, New Jersey, United States
- Expansive hotel and casino situated in the Marina District, near the Borgata
- An impressive array of restaurants ranging from casual to gourmet
- A glass-enclosed tropical indoor pool that turns into a trendy nightclub scene
- A separate family-friendly pool area with arcade games and miniature golf
- New Waterfront Tower rooms have contemporary decor with flat-screen TVs
- The specialty suites are spectacular (for those who can afford it)
- Viking Cooking School
- Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
- Modern fitness center with 40 machines
- A free shuttle to sister properties along the boardwalk
- 24-hour room service
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
There are family-friendly aspects, but Harrah's is better suited to couples and partygoers.
In a way, Harrah's has a split personality. As the oldest property in the Marina District, elements of the original structure and casino desperately call for renovations. For instance, rooms in the older towers are tired and come at a cheap price.
On the other end, a number of luxurious amenities were added during the resort's multi-million dollar expansion. The Waterfront Tower, specifically, offers specialty suites that stand up incredibly well against the luxe digs at neighboring Borgata and Water Club resorts. Perhaps the most noteworthy draw at Harrah's is the 21-and-over tropical indoor pool that turns into a nightclub every evening (think bottle service, cabanas, and DJs). Obviously, this scene appeals to a young party crowd as opposed to families, though there is a separate pool that kids are allowed to use. Other additions, such the Elizabeth Arden Spa, attract high-end types, but older, lower-end areas of the hotel still exist.
In Atlantic City's Marina District -- a two mile drive from the boardwalk
Harrah's first opened in 1980 and was the first property to rise in the Marina District. This is an area of Atlantic City that has seen quite a bit of change, especially with the opening of the Borgata and Water Club resorts, which feature celebrity chef restaurants and a some of Atlantic City's hottest nightlife. Borgata has become a destination unto itself, but the hotel does offer a free shuttle to sister properties Showboat, Caesars Palace and Bally's -- all situated along the beach. For those driving, Harrah's is easy to get to from the highway and there is a self-parking garage.
- 2-minute walk to the Water Club Hotel
- 5-minute drive to Farley State Marina
- 7-minute drive to the New Jersey Transit train station
- 7-minute to the Atlantic City Convention Center
- 7-minute drive to retail outlet shops
- 8-minute drive to the boardwalk and beach
- 10-minute drive to Absecon Lighthouse
- 10-minute drive to Brigantine Golf Links
- 10-minute drive to Lucy the Elephant
- 25-minute drive to Renault Winery
- 50-minute drive to Long Beach Island
- 52-minute drive to Wildwoods by the Sea
- 57-minute drive to Cape May
- 65-minute drive to Philadelphia
- 130-minute drive to New York City
The new Waterfront Tower has contemporary rooms and outstanding suites.
Harrah's Resort has over 2,500 rooms in five towers, including the Harbour, Atrium, Marina and Bay Towers, as well as the newer 44-story Waterfront Tower. Older rooms are showing wear and tear, but the Waterfront rooms have modern furnishings and large windows with bay views. The specialty suites are certainly luxurious enough for high-rollers -- some come with their own pool table or private massage room -- and can be offered at a reduced price mid-week when the availability is greater.
A multimillion-dollar expansion added luxury amenities such as the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa.
- The main indoor pool is located under a large glass dome and is surrounded by palm trees and other plants. There are four Jacuzzi tubs, private cabanas, as well as bar service for cocktails. This space turns into a nightclub known simply as "The Pool After Dark" with bottle service, DJs and occasional celebrity sightings.
- 175,000-square-foot casino on the main floor with table games, slots and drink specials
- The Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa is the state-of-the-art spa located next to the domed pool. It consists of 23 treatment rooms, a Jacuzzi, sauna and cafe.
- The Waterfront Shops feature jewelry, clothing and a Viking Cooking School for cookware and classes.
- A state-of-the-art health and fitness center
- A family-friendly pool area is suitable for kids with arcade games and miniature golf
- Two meeting spaces available for functions: The Atlantic City Ballroom and Concert Venue
- A free shuttle transporting hotel guests to the other Caesars properties: the Showboat, Caesars and Bally's.
- 24-hour room service available
- View Full List of Amenities
A wide array of dining choices from casual to high-end, including Italian cuisine from a well-known New Jersey chef.
Harrah's -- especially after the expansion -- offers a nice range of dining options to appease all budgets. For fine dining, guests can choose from raw bar offerings at Bluepoint, classic seafood and steaks at McCormick and Schmick's, or authentic Italian cuisine at Luke Palladino (a New Jersey culinary star) in a chic restaurant setting. More casual dining can be had at the gourmet buffet, with almost every type of cuisine imaginable; the various food court options; or Dos Caminos.
- Nightlife options include the Xhibition Bar, Eden Lounge, and The Pool After Dark
Customers Who Viewed Harrah's Resort Atlantic City Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We’ve always had these grandiose visions of what a trip to Atlantic City would bring: cigar girls with fishnet thigh-highs…
Food and Drink
When you go on vacation, you're trying to escape the everyday chores of home -- and that includes cooking. But…
Things You Should Know About Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Address777 Harrah's Blvd., Atlantic City, Jersey Shore 08401, United States
- Bayview Premium Double Queen Room
- Bayview Premium Room
- Harbour Deluxe Double Queen Room
- Harbour Deluxe Room
- Marina Deluxe Double Queen Room
- Marina Deluxe Room
- Penthouse Suite
- Red Door Spa Suite
- Waterfront Corner Suite
- Waterfront Premium Double Queen Room
- Waterfront Premium Room