Doubletree by Hilton Austin - University AreaCentral Austin, Austin, Texas
- Spacious, modern rooms for the price, with big flat-screen TVs
- Within walking distance of the UT campus
- Free wired Internet and standard Wi-Fi
- Outdoor pool
- Well-stocked mini grocery store in lobby
- Mini-fridges and microwaves upon request (first-come, first-serve)
- King Rooms have glass walk-in showers
- Not within walking distance of downtown Austin
- Limited dining options (the hotel's lobby cafe and a nearby Denny's)
- Walk to the university involves crossing one of Austin's busiest highways via a pedestrian bridge
- Fee for high-speed Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Clean and efficient mid-range chain near the University of Texas
Doubletree caters to guests needing to stay close to the university, and is conveniently located in that regard -- though getting to the university does involve crossing a busy highway via pedestrian overpass. You won't find it particularly stylish, or even quirky in Austin style, though the cool, locally inspired photographs in the rooms do add a little Texas flavor.
On the east side of Interstate 35, opposite The University of Texas
The DoubleTree provides easy access to the UT campus via a pedestrian bridge over the highway, but there isn't much nearby on the hotel's side of the road. It's in a business and residential sector, with no tourist attractions and little dining beyond the Denny's fronting the hotel parking lot.
The Doubletree is located north of downtown Austin, on the frontage road parallel to I-35. The city’s downtown core, and some of its more interesting, non-University-related attractions, aren't quite within walking distance -- you'll have to drive, or take a taxi.
- 20-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- 10-minute-walk to Frank Erwin Center
- 15-minute-walk to Mike A. Myers Stadium
- 15-minute-walk to the Blanton Museum of Art
- 15-minute-walk to LBJ Presidential Library
- 5-minute-drive to Texas State Capitol
- 10-minute-drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
Comfortable and modern, with big flat-screen TVs
Contemporary rooms are decorated in shades of white, salmon, and brown, and have cool, locally inspired black-and-white photographs on the walls. They're more upscale than you might expect for a Doubletree, with big flat-screen TVs and MP3 hookups.
There is little variation between the room types, and since the hotel is located next to a highway, north of the city center, it's not worth upgrading to the "city view" room.
- Cushy beds have Sweet Dreams bedding and ample pillows.
- 37-inch flat-panel LCD TVs with cable channels and on-demand movies
- Bathrooms have dark wood vanities with granite countertops and Neutrogena bath products.
- Booking a room with a king bed instead of two queens gets you a walk-in, glass-door shower.
- Nice work desk and ergonomic chair
- Clock radio with MP3 connection
- Two-cup coffeemakers with free Wolfgang Puck coffee and tea
- Rooms for disabled travelers feature a bathroom with safety bars and raised vanity and toilet, visual doorbell and emergency alarm.
Customers Who Viewed Doubletree by Hilton Austin - University Area Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Festivals and Parades
Every year at the end of April, thousands make the hot and slow crawl to SoCal's Indio Valley for the…
Attention music-addicts: One of the coolest towns in the South is gearing up for one of the most fun and…
Things You Should Know About Doubletree by Hilton Austin - University Area
Address1617 N Interstate 35, Austin, Texas 78702, United States
- City View Guestroom