Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
A run-of-the-mill chain far north of the city center
There's not much to wow at this perfectly adequate mid-range chain, located next to a highway in North Austin -- but not too much to offend, either. Rooms are generic, but have big flat-screen TVs, microwaves, and mini-fridges, and the lobby, despite its equally generic decor, is airy and pleasant, with high ceilings, fresh flowers, and a gas-burning fireplace. Overall, it's a fine, reasonably priced choice for travelers who don't mind driving to downtown Austin.
Just off Interstate 35, ten miles north of downtown Austin
The Hilton Garden Inn North is located on the frontage road parallel to I-35, in a business sector and near several other competing properties. There's a greenbelt directly behind the hotel, which adds a little serenity to its somewhat busy roadside location. The city's downtown core is a cab or car ride away.
- 30-minute-drive to Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- 15-minute-drive to Frank Erwin Center
- 15-minute-drive to LBJ Presidential Library
- 15-minute-drive to Texas State Capitol
- 16-minute-drive to Austin City Limits at The Moody Theater
- 17-minute-drive to Austin City Hall
About what you'd expect from a chain hotel
King Evolution Room
Rooms are generic, with white bedding, plain wood furniture, and busy carpets. But the microwaves and mini-fridges make it easy to save money on food.
- Many rooms have Garden Sleep System Beds with adjustable firmness settings
- Bathrooms have Neutrogena bath products, and some have glass walk-in showers.
- 32-inch flat-screen LCD TVs with cable channels and on-demand movies
- Mini-fridges and microwaves
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- Some rooms are right over the hotel's covered entryway, providing a view of, well, a roof.
- The two-room suites are spacious, but the amount of furniture seems disproportionate to the amount of square footage.
Fitness enthusiasts might appreciate the fact that there's a 24-Hour Fitness next door, and a walking or jogging trail behind the property.
- Outdoor pool is in front of the property, rather than behind it, making it feel less private, and the water looked cloudy during our visit. There's also a Jacuzzi, and umbrellas for shade.
- Fitness room has free weights and cardio machines with personal TVs
- Path directly behind the property that loops around a pond
- Lobby sundry shop
- Solid meeting facilities
- Free and abundant guest parking
- A 24-Hour Fitness is next door to the property, within walking distance
- View Full List of Amenities
The casual Great American Grill is a typical chain hotel restaurant, and serves breakfast and dinner. Large windows provide plenty of natural light.
- A lobby bar is open in the evenings
- Room service from early morning to late night
- More dining options on nearby Parmer Lane
This Hilton Garden Inn is a perfectly comfortable, reasonably priced option for travelers looking to stay in North Austin. You get what you'd expect from a run-of-the-mill chain: generic rooms, a cloudy outdoor pool, a small fitness room.
Things You Should Know About Hilton Garden Inn Austin North
- 12400 North IH-35 Building C, Austin, TX 78753
- Evolution Room
- Evolution Room w/ Sofabed