Hilton BarbadosBridgetown, Barbados
- One of the most spacious beaches on the island
- Central location within minutes of Bridgetown
- Large bi-level pool complex with “flag up” bar service
- Rooms have balconies, flat-screen TVs, and minibars
- Multiple restaurants, bars, and “themed” social events
- Modern spa, fitness center, tennis courts, and water sports
- Kidz Paradise Club has extensive activities for ages 4 to 13
- The chain-hotel atmosphere lacks character and charm
- Prices for food and drinks add up fast
- Wi-Fi comes with a daily fee
- No airport shuttle or car service
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A hotel that appeals to the masses -- ideal for business travelers and families in search of an easy holiday
The Hilton is a sprawling white-and-teal high-rise property that sticks out in Barbados, surrounded by smaller hotels in the area. The entrance, with a team of porters ready to assist, is impressive and has beautiful views of Carlisle Bay. Check-in could take some time, but the open-air lobby looks over the pool complex, hinting at the amenities guests will soon enjoy. The beach area is spacious with several lounge areas and sunset vantage points, but watch out for the obnoxious beach vendors.
Needham’s Point in general is good for mid-sized waves, and boulders are strategically placed to prevent erosion. The poolside bar serves lunch on the terrace, and is lively during happy hour where guests tend to enjoy a rum punch before dinner. Karaoke nights are especially popular and go well into the evening. The crowd at the Hilton is mostly a mix of business travelers in town for a meeting in the hotel’s facilities, and families who take advantage of package deals.
On Needham’s Point and close to the capital city of Bridgetown
Situated on the small peninsula of Needham's Point, the Hilton is just five minutes from the heart of Bridgetown, the island's capital and commercial center, with a population of approximately 80,000. In addition to having major historical and cultural sites, Bridgetown is a major duty-free port with a compact shopping area. St. Lawrence Gap or “The Gap” -- a one-mile long area of restaurants, shops, and nightlife -- is within easy driving distance.
- 19-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 7-minute drive to “The Gap”
- 6-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 13-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
- 21-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club and golf courses
- 21-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 21-minute drive to Holetown
- 23-minute drive to Harrison’s Cave
- 26-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 30-minute drive to Soup Bowl surfing area
- 31-minute drive to Speightstown
Attractive rooms with modern amenities
Rooms at the Hilton are up-to-date, fresh, and bright with crisp white linens and colorful accents. All rooms include modern amenities that please business travelers, such as flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers, stocked minibars (with locks), work desk and chairs, and separate tubs and walk-in showers.
Large resort amenities make the Hilton popular with conventions and families
- A large bi-level pool complex with lounge chairs and “flag up” bar service
- One of the largest beaches on the island -- great for swimming and snorkeling (gear is not provided)
- Modern fitness center with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Full-service spa offers facial and body treatments, including body wraps, tinting, and waxing services.
- Barbados Blue, a water sports facility, offers scuba-diving packages and free non-motorized water sports
- Meeting facilities include a 500-person capacity ballroom, a separate complex that offers three meeting rooms that can be divided into six break rooms, a boardroom, a business center, exhibition center and group registration area
- The Kidz Paradise Club is open seven days a week, and caters to ages four to 13 with activities such as pool and beach games, storytelling, movies, and masquerade.
- Three tennis courts are located within a five-minute walk from the hotel -- reservations required
- Social events including a weekly karaoke and limbo night
- Fee-based laundry service
- ATM and convenience store
- View Full List of Amenities
A few restaurant and bar options with prices that add up fast
The Careenage Bar has a fun laid-back Caribbean vibe, but The Water’s Edge, next to the beach/pool, is the most popular place in the resort, serving a limited but decent menu. Lunch can be ordered from lounge chairs with “flag up” service, and at night, the happy hour vibe becomes quite lively. This is the spot for weekly events such as Karaoke night.
The Lighthouse Terrace offers buffet breakfasts, lunches, and themed dinner buffets. Meals can be enjoyed indoors or al fresco with views of the ocean and the Hilton lighthouse.
The Grille is the hotel’s fine dining restaurant for dinner serving signature steaks and “Catch of the Day” specialties.
In-Room dining is available to guests all day and night (limited menu after 11 p.m.), and includes vegetarian and made-to-order dishes.
Customers Who Viewed Hilton Barbados Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Hilton Barbados
AddressNeedham's Point, BB 11000, Caribbean
- Bayview Room
- Executive Room
- Ocean View Room
- One Bedroom Ocean View Suite