Hotel Catalonia BernaEixample, Barcelona, Spain
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Within walking distance of parks, restaurants, and major shopping areas
Hotel Catalonia Berna is in a prime location, in the heart of the city's historic centre, right next to Plaza Cataluña. It's situated in one of the first buildings in the enlargement ("Eixample") area of Barcelona. From the hotel, guests can walk to boutiques on Passeig de Gràcia, or hop on a train or bus to the Picasso Museum or Gran Teatre del Liceu.
Barcelona has the best of two worlds: the urban excitement of a modern yet historical city combined with the leisure and relaxation set by the Mediterranean Sea. Tourists pour from every corner of the world to experience the town’s vibrant nightlife, excellent cuisine, beautiful Gothic and one-of-a-kind Modernist architecture, and cutting-edge design scene. This -- and the great Mediterranean climate -- means you might find crowds wherever you go, but it'll be worth it for sites like the bizarre Sagrada Familia cathedral, world-class MACBA museum, hopping Barri Gothic neighborhood, and unusual Parc Guell.
The Catalonia capital is arguably one of the top party destinations in Spain (along with Madrid and Ibiza Island). Dynamic and multicultural, Barcelona also has a mellow feeling to it during the day. The sea breeze sweeps the streets of this thriving city, giving it an unmistakable Mediterranean vibe -- but with the advantages of a modern town. Namely: reliable public transportation, delicious food, wonderful hotels, charming neighborhoods, a quality city beach, and hundreds of cultural activities.
- 25-minute drive to Barcelona Airport
- 1-minute walk to Jardins de la Torre de les Aignes
- 1-minute walk to bus stops
- 3-minute walk to shops, cafes, and bars
- 5-minute walk to subway stations
- 5-minute walk to Passeig de Gràcia
- 15-minute walk to shopping and dining in Las Ramblas
- 8-minute bus ride to La Sagrada Familia Cathedral
- 8-minute subway ride to Barri Gòtic
- 10-minute subway ride to Museu Picasso
- 12-minute subway ride to Santa Caterina Market
- 15-minute subway ride to Gran Teatre del Liceu
- 17-minute drive to Barceloneta Beach