Hotel Duquesa de CardonaGothic Quarter, Barcelona, Spain
- Large rooms with bright decor and flat-screen TVs
- Pretty 19th-century facade and old-school charm throughout
- Bathrooms are spacious and modern
- Glass-enclosed showers and separate tubs in some bathrooms
- Terrace with small pool, bar, and city views
- Tapas and old-world style the restaurant
- Elegant, private dining room available upon request
- Great location in the bustling Gothic Quarter
- Free Wi-Fi
- No fitness center
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Refined boutique hotel
This lovely hotel in the Gothic Quarter is a calm, sophisticated choice. While calling it "luxurious" may be taking it a tad too far, the Hotel Duquesa is certainly upscale. The warm lobby, with a small library and Internet nook, is rarely crowded, and the same goes for the sunny rooftop terrace, where guests can find a pool and bar. You'll run into the majority of guests in the restaurant, which serves a breakfast buffet and light bites. Most guests are couples seeking a quiet, refined hotel.
Near the Port of Barcelona in the Gothic Quarter
Hotel Duquesa Cardona is within view of the port and a 15-minute walk or less from a few of Barcelona's most prized attractions, such as the Mercat de la Boqueria public market. It is situated in the Gothic Quarter, surrounded by shops and restaurants. The hotel is located on a bus route, which makes explorations in other neighborhoods convenient. If the subway is preferred, a stop is an eight-minute walk away -- not an insurmountable distance, but a bit farther than expected in a city dotted by metro stations.
Barcelona has the best of two worlds: the urban excitement of a modern yet historical city combined with the leisure and relaxation set by the Mediterranean Sea. Tourists pour from every corner of the world to experience the town’s vibrant nightlife, excellent cuisine, beautiful Gothic and one-of-a-kind Modernist architecture, and cutting-edge design scene. This -- and the great Mediterranean climate -- means you might find crowds wherever you go, but it'll be worth it for sites like the bizarre Sagrada Familia cathedral, world-class MACBA museum, hopping Barri Gothic neighborhood, and unusual Parc Guell.
- 17-minute drive from Barcelona El Prat Airport (BCN)
- 3-minute walk to tree-lined Las Ramblas promenade
- 8-minute walk to nightlife of El Born
- 12-minute walk to the Port of Barcelona
- 15-minute walk to Mercat de la Boqueria public market for shopping
- 8-minute drive to El Tablao de Carmen for flamenco dancing
- 11-minute drive to Antoni Gaudí's famously eye-catching Sagrada Família church
- 13-minute drive to the quirky Casa Milá (La Pedrera) building designed by Antoni Gaudí
- 15-minute drive to Passeig de Gràcia for high-end shopping and dining
- 16-minute drive to the Camp Nou (FC Barcelona) soccer stadium
- 18-minute drive to Monestir de Pedralbes, a former monastery that is now a museum
- 29-minute drive to Collserola Park
- 30-minute drive to Tibidabo for panoramic views of the city and the coastline
Bright, spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi
Rooms here are spacious, and a largely white-on-white color scheme makes them feel even larger and brighter. Simple, gray-and-white bedspreads sit against matching walls, and desks with crushed-velvet chairs sit underneath flat-screen TVs. Free Wi-Fi comes standard in each. Bathrooms are modern, with slate tiling, makeup mirrors, and shower/tub combos.
The rooftop terrace is the highlight.
The standout feature here is the rooftop terrace; this sunny spot on the sixth floor includes a small pool and bar and restaurant. The hotel also has a breakfast room where guests can order light bites, and a small Internet nook in the lobby. There's no gym.
Customers Who Viewed Hotel Duquesa de Cardona Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Hotel Duquesa de Cardona
AddressPasseig Colom 12, Barcelona, Province of Barcelona 08002, Spain
- Classic Room
- Deluxe Room
- Family Room
- Junior Suite