Bushmills InnBushmills, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Loads of traditional charm, and several fireplaces burning peat or wood
- Convenient home base for visiting Bushmills Distillery and Giant's Causeway
- Fantastic restaurant serving gourmet Irish cuisine
- Gas-lit bar with live music on certain nights
- Homey rooms with details such as exposed wood beams and clawfoot tubs
- Coaching inn on-site since 1608; historic main building dates back to 1820s
- Treatment room for massages, facials, and other spa services
- Library behind a hidden door
- Theater with Thursday night screenings
- Free Wi-Fi and quality free breakfast buffet
- No fitness center
- Parking lot mars river view
- Limited room service hours
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 51 Classic Family Room
- 46 Deluxe Room
- 113 Garden View Suite
- 106 Restaurants and Bars
- 52 River View Suite
- 171 The Hotel
Oyster Hotel Review
An intimate inn with traditional Irish charm
Bushmills Inn has served many different functions over the years -- including stints as a boarding house and bicycle factory -- but it began as a 17th century coaching inn, and was reopened as an inn once again in 1987. With cozy nooks lit up by peat fires and many traditional details throughout -- a gas-lit bar, rich woods, homey furniture -- guests may feel as though they have stepped back in time.
The main building dates to the 1820s, and a modern extension of the property -- containing many rooms and a second reception area -- was designed in keeping with the inn's historic character. Rooms have homey cottage style, and some have cozy extras such as four-poster beds, sleeping lofts, and freestanding tubs.
The inn's bar and restaurant are both destinations in their own right: The restaurant serves excellent local gourmet fare, and the gas-lit bar has live music certain evenings.
In the tiny town of Bushmills, near popular sights such as the Bushmills Distillery, Giant's Causeway, and Dunlace Castle
Bushmills Inn is located right in the tiny town of Bushmills, within walking distance of The Old Bushmills Distillery and a short drive to popular sights such as Giant's Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. There's almost nothing to see in the town itself (aside from the distillery), but it's a convenient home base for the region.
- 9-minute walk to The Old Bushmills Distillery
- 4-minute drive to Dunluce Castle
- 5-minute drive to Giant's causeway
- 9-minute drive to Royal Portrush Golf Club
- 16-minute drive to Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
Cottage-style rooms with homey details
Accommodations at the Bushmills Inn have homey country style that varies from room to room. Guests can expect features such as exposed wood beams, floral prints, partial wood paneling, four-poster beds, clawfoot tubs, and sleeping lofts. Some rooms have views of the river, but the parking lot sits right in front of it.
The Garden View Suite I stayed in had charming details such as a repurposed front door with mail slot used as the bathroom door; a clawfoot tub; and painted green wood accents in the bathroom. Classic Family Rooms can easily sleep a family of four, and have a sleeping loft area with two single beds accessed by ladder.
- Coffee/tea making facilities; most rooms have mini-fridges
- Flat-screen TVs
- Sitting areas and dressing rooms
- Slippers and bathrobes
- Free Wi-Fi
- One American-style electrical socket in many rooms
- Views of the river (and parking lot), garden, or courtyard
A restaurant serving excellent gourmet Irish cuisine, and a cozy gas-lit bar
The Bushmills Inn restaurant is one of the best restaurants in the region, and serves gourmet cuisine using local ingredients. The beef comes from Northern Ireland, the pheasant from a nearby estate, and the fish is from local waters. The menu changes seasonally, but the tasty fillet steak is a staple; mine was perfectly medium rare and beautifully presented. My companion's hake filet was fresh and served in a rich sauce akin to a lobster bisque. No Irish menu is complete without potatoes, and here you can order them mashed, roasted, or fried.
The breakfast buffet is solid, and includes cereals, yogurts, meats, cheeses, and fruit. Hot dishes can be ordered as well.
A cozy gas-lit bar with fireplace
The aptly named Gas Bar is a cozy space with a fireplace and a snug back room with red button leather couch. There's an extensive whiskey selection as well as a menu for cocktails and bar nibbles. Live music is offered on Saturdays, and traditional Irish music is offered Wednesdays from April to September.
A spa treatment room, hidden library, small theater, and free self-parking
- St. Columb's Rill Relaxation Room offering massages, facials, and beauty treatments, among other spa services
- Hidden library behind a door masquerading as a bookshelf
- The Still Room theater can fit 30 for Thursday movie nights; fee covers two-course dinner, movie screening, and popcorn
- Multiple fireplaces throughout the property in cozy nooks
- Free self-parking in the hotel's large lot
- Free Wi-Fi
Several meeting rooms; the largest can fit up to 45 guests
- The Macnaghten Lounge has modern technology and fits up to 45.
- The Pine Room can fit up to 40.
- The 1608 Lounge can fit 10 and has river views.
- The library, hidden behind a door masquerading as a bookshelf, can also be used for meetings.
- The Still Room theater can fit up to 30 for corporate presentations
Customers Who Viewed Bushmills Inn Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We have travel experts visiting and revisiting destinations around the world every day, and we love when the fresh photos…
There's something so cozy about watching a movie, both solo and with a crew. If you don't want to hole…
People tend to go a little crazy on St. Patty's day; most of us are familiar with the crowded parades…
When it comes to cozy winter charm -- roaring fires, hot (and strong!) drinks, and snug nooks -- it's hard…
Things You Should Know About Bushmills Inn
Address9 Dunluce Rd, Bushmills BT57 8QG, United Kingdom
Also Known As
- Bushmills Inn
- Garden View Suite
- Master Distillers Suite
- Mill House Classic
- Mill House Deluxe
- River View Suite