Green Harbor ResortWest Yarmouth, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Waterfront location on the Nantucket Sound, with private beach
- Heated, seasonal pool with lovely bay views
- Free Wi-Fi
- Clean and spacious suites, cottages, and townhouses
- Mini-golf course, shuffleboard, and loaner bicycles
- Access to amenities at any of the 4 sister resorts nearby
- Free Kids' Klub offers activities for ages 5 - 12 during high season
- Dated decor and tube TVs in some rooms
- No restaurants or bars
- Minimum stay required
- Not open year-round
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 10 Amenities
- 12 Beach
- 81 Cape Codder Cottage for Two
- 22 Pool
- 21 The Hotel
- 229 Three Bedroom Cape Codder Cottage
Oyster Hotel Review
More secluded and self-contained than other resorts nearby
For those who prefer to set up camp in a secluded and laid-back environment while on vacation, Green Harbor Resort is a great option. It features homey suites, cottages, and townhouses with plenty of space to accommodate families and groups. No need to dine out for every meal at area restaurants, as all units are equipped with kitchenettes or kitchens. Some also have outdoor grills.
It may not be as crowded with kids as some of its sister resorts, but Green Harbor does offer plenty of family-friendly features, including a mini-golf course, a heated pool, rowboat and canoe rentals, loaner bicycles, and a seasonal Kids' Klub with free activities for children ages five to 12.
Guests also have access to amenities at all four of the property's sister resorts in the area, including the spa at Red Jacket Beach Resort, and the golf course at Blue Rock Golf Resort. The outdoor pool at the Riviera Beach Resort is much larger than the pool at Green Harbor, and has a fountain and other features that are popular with kids. The other resorts also offer dining options, which Green Harbor lacks.
Secluded enough for relaxation, but still close to civilization
Situated on the waterfront overlooking Nantucket Sound, Green Harbor Resort is located in West Yarmouth, which is in the middle of Cape Cod. West Yarmouth is more “strip mall” than adorable charming Main Street like you might find in other Cape towns, but the beach area is quite nice. Down on Route 28, you’ll find chain restaurants, convenience stores, and shops carrying everything from tacky souvenirs to beach toys. There are also numerous mini-golf courses in either direction on Route 6.
The Cape is a popular vacation destination, as travelers from all over New England and beyond pack the beaches and cute towns every year. Be forewarned, Route 6 can become something of a parking lot during the height of the summer, what with having only two lanes of traffic and being the only way in and out of the Cape.
- 90-minute drive to Boston Logan International Airport
- 5-minute drive to Route 28, which is lined with shops and restaurants
- 30-minute drive to Chatham, MA
- 55-minute drive to Provincetown, MA
- 80-minute drive to Boston, MA
- 90-minute drive to Providence, MA
Clean and comfy suites, cottages, and townhouses offer plenty of space for families and groups
The suites, cottages, and townhouses at Green Harbor offer plenty of space for families and groups. They are comfortable and homey, although furnished in a typical Cape Code style that includes 1980s-style patterned bedspreads and wood-paneled walls. All units have kitchens or kitchenettes, and some even have outdoor grills.
Green Harbor offers a mix of one-, two-, and three-bedroom units in a variety of settings. Some overlook the water, while others have views of the property. Some are freestanding homes, while others are suites within a hotel-like setting.
Family-friendly amenities and activities offer lots to do both on land and in the water
- Seasonal pool is heated and offers lovely bay views
- Row boats and canoes available for rent
- Very basic mini-golf course
- Kids' Klub offers free activities during the summer and school vacation weeks for children ages five to 12
- Free Wi-Fi
- Loaner bicycles for kids and adults
- Parasail, jet ski, and kayak rentals available at sister property, Red Jacket Beach Resort
- Guests have access to all facilities at any of the four sister resorts nearby
- View Full List of Amenities