Red Jacket Beach ResortSouth Yarmouth, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Waterfront location with private beach
- 3 heated pools (outdoor and indoor)
- Free Kids' Klub offers activities for ages 5 - 12 during high season
- Poolside grill, pub, and main restaurant offer mix of menus
- Spa is plainly decorated but offers range of treatments
- Beachside activities such as volleyball, bonfires, and basketball
- Access to amenities at any of the 4 sister resorts nearby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily resort fee during summer months
- Dated decor in some rooms
- Not open year-round
- Minimum stay sometimes required
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 52 Amenities
- 6 Beach
- 31 Indoor Pool
- 77 Oceanfront Lawn Guest Room with Balcony
- 65 Oceanfront Lawn Guest Room with Patio
- 84 Oceanview Double Guest Room
Oyster Hotel Review
Family-oriented atmosphere, especially during summer months, with kid-friendly amenities and activites
Red Jacket Beach Resort is a wonderful spot for families, especially during summer vacation. Its family-friendly offerings include a private beach, two outdoor pools with fountain features, an indoor pool with movie screenings, and plenty of activities -- volleyball, shuffleboard, basketball, ping-pong, and ocean-side bonfires. There is also a free seasonal Kids' Klub with supervised games and activities for ages five to 12, and even the spa offers special treatments for children and teens.
Guests also have access to amenities at all four of the property's sister resorts in the area, including the golf course at Blue Rock Golf Resort and the outdoor pool at Riviera Beach Resort, which has a fountain and other features that are popular with kids.
When it comes to summer on the Cape, being beachfront is what it's all about, and Red Jacket Beach Resort has a stellar spot. However, since it is a beachfront hotel, you can expect higher prices for rooms that would be cheaper in any other location.
Travelers looking for a serene vacation or romantic getaway might do better to stay at this resort during the off-season (once all the children have gone back to school), or skip it altogether and opt for one of Red Jacket Resorts' quieter properties instead, such as the Blue Rock Golf Resort.
Beachfront, but still near restaurants and shops
Situated on the waterfront overlooking Nantucket Sound, Red Jacket Beach Resort is located in South Yarmouth, which is in the middle of Cape Cod. South Yarmouth is more “strip mall” than adorable charming Main Street like you might find in other Cape towns, but the beach area is quite nice. Down on Route 28, you’ll find chain restaurants, convenience stores, and shops carrying everything from tacky souvenirs to beach toys. There are also numerous mini-golf courses in either direction on Route 6.
The Cape is a popular vacation destination, as travelers from all over New England and beyond pack the beaches and cute towns every year. Be forewarned, Route 6 can become something of a parking lot during the height of the summer, what with having only two lanes of traffic and being the only way in and out of the Cape.
- 90-minute drive to Boston Logan International Airport
- 3-minute drive from Route 28, which is lined with shops and restaurants
- 30-minute drive from Chatham, MA
- 55-minute drive from Provincetown, MA
- 80-minute drive from Boston, MA
- 90-minute drive from Providence, MA
No-frills rooms, some with ocean views
The rooms at Red Jacket Beach Resort are quite basic. Updates to some rooms have done away with the 1980s-style patterned bedspreads, switched out tube TVs for flat-screen TVs, and added iPod docks, but other than those few tweaks, all the rooms are pretty much the same. They’re spacious and no-frills, with standard hotel furnishings such as wood tables and upholstered chairs, and decent-size bathrooms. Because of the beachfront location, however, expect to pay higher rates than you would otherwise for these types of rooms.
There are also cottages and houses available, which offer more space and extras such as full kitchens, living rooms, additional baths, Jacuzzi tubs, washer/dryer combos, and private yards.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flat-screen TVs and iPod docks in some rooms
- Some rooms have balconies or private patios with ocean views.
- The Jacuzzi Room features a private, in-room Jacuzzi for two.
- The Family Room offers a main room with two queen beds, two TVs, and an alcove with additional beds.
- Upgrading to the Ocean View Master Suite gets you a private balcony, a living room, additional bedroom, and one-and-a-half bathrooms.
- Pet-friendly rooms are available (fees apply)
Private beach, three pools, and tons of family-friendly activities
- Beautiful stretch of private beach, where guests can use umbrellas, chairs, and towels for free. Lunch and cocktail service also available.
- Two outdoor pools are heated and have fountain features.
- Heated, indoor pool with adjacent Jacuzzi
- Small fitness center overlooking the indoor pool
- Kids' Klub offers free activities during the summer and school vacation weeks for children ages five to 12.
- Seasonal activities that include bonfires, poolside movies, oceanfront yoga sessions, beach parties, and swimming lessons
- Spa at Red Jacket Beach offers a variety services, including manicures, pedicures, massages, facials, and treatments for kids.
- Beach activities, such as volleyball, shuffleboard, basketball, and ping-pong
- Parasail, jet ski, and kayak rentals available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Various meeting spaces comprise 6,000 square feet and offer audiovisual equipment
- Access to all facilities at any of the 4 sister resorts nearby
- View Full List of Amenities
A couple of dining options offer a mix of classic Cape Cod cuisine and casual fare
- Red Jacket’s main dining room features classic Cape Cod cuisine. It is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The seasonal OceanView Grille is adjacent to the pool and serves up an array of casual options
- Asa Eldredge Pub offers cocktails, a large flat-screen TV, and a couple of homey leather couches
- Poolside and beachfront service available (lunch options and cocktails only)