Travel Guide of West Harwich for: The Platinum Pebble Boutique InnWest Harwich, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
West Harwich Summary
- Charming New England vibe
- Quaint shops and restaurants
- Short walks to the beach from hotels
- Friendly, sociable locals
- Close to Barnstable Municipal Airport
- Lower rates than nearby Chatham
- Traffic on the cape can be horrific
- Winter brings harsh storms and few visitors
What It's Like
Just 30 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge, West Harwich is located on Cape Cod's "Sound side," with beaches that face the Nantucket Sound. The town is smaller than Yarmouth to its west and Chatham to its east, but it still offers plenty of quaint shops, parks, and restaurants for visitors to enjoy. Locals and visitors alike are sociable; many visitors are lifelong Cape-goers from Boston and its suburbs escaping to the shore for the summer.
Where To Stay
A lot of small motels, B&Bs, and tiny inns run in colonial-style houses make up the lodging options in the area. While there are a few seafront motels, most will be slightly farther from the water (typical for the Cape). To get the full Cape experience, try staying near South Main Street to be near both the water and the town's dining and shopping offerings.