Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel ChicagoGold Coast, Chicago, Illinois
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 32 Amenities
- 86 One-Bedroom Suite
- 35 Restaurants and Bars
- 75 Standard Double
- 69 Standard King
- 74 Superior King
Oyster Hotel Review
An elegant hotel with an interesting history
The Knickerbocker has gone through several incarnations since it opened in 1927: In the 1930s, it housed a casino frequented by Al Capone and, in the 1970s, it became the Playboy Hotel, owned by Hugh Hefner. After completing a multi-million dollar renovation in 2008, the hotel has reinvented itself once again, with new furniture, bedding, fresh coats of paint, and refurbished public spaces.
The elegant two-story lobby honors the hotel's historic past, and is decorated with marble, wood moldings and warm colors. Chandeliers hang from ornate ceilings, and plants line the entrance.
In northern Streeterville, half a block from the Magnificent Mile
The Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel is located in northern Streeterville, half a block from the Magnificent Mile, an iconic stretch of North Michigan Avenue famous for its upscale shopping. But it's not all about department stores out here. Art galleries, landmarks -- such as the Water Tower, the John Hancock Observatory, the Pumping Station and Wrigley Building -- and top-notch restaurants are within easy walking distance. The closest subway station is seven blocks away.
- 3-minute walk to the John Hancock Observatory
- 4-minute walk to the Water Tower Place
- 7-minute drive to the Navy Pier
- 7-minute drive to the Chicago City Hall
- 7-minute drive to The Loop
- 6-minute drive to Old Town
- 5-minute drive to Millennium Park
- 6-minute drive to the Theatre District
- 6-minute drive or 19-minute subway ride to the Art Institute of Chicago
- 11-minute drive or 45-minute subway ride to Kenwood neighborhood
- 13-minute drive or 26-minute subway ride to the Wrigley Field
- 13-minute drive or 45-minute subway ride to the Museum of Science and Industry
- 20-minute drive to Midway International Airport
- 30-minute drive to O’Hare International Airport
Stylish, contemporary rooms are outfitted in shades of gold and pink, and feel higher-end than those at the nearby Sutton Place. But some feel a little cramped.
Few amenities and expensive valet parking
- Martini Bar has a menu with over 50 martinis and wines and serves light fare; live entertainment is offered most nights.
- Nix Restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, serves American cuisine and has an outdoor seating area. The Nix Coffee Bar offers beverages and food to go.
- Room service provided by Nix Restaurant
Customers Who Viewed Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
The summertime beach vacation is a much-awaited annual tradition for many. As soon as the weather turns warm, families, couples…
Things You Should Know About Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago
Address163 East Walton Place, at N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611, United States
- Junior Suite
- One Bedroom Suite
- Standard Room
- Superior Plus Corner King Room
- Superior Plus Corner Room with Two Double Beds
- Superior Room