Sofitel Chicago Water TowerRiver North, Chicago, Illinois
- Pricey valet parking
- No spa or pool
- No iPod docks or CD players
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This glass prism-shaped hotel is one of the most recognizable buildings in Chicago.
The Sofitel Chicago Water Tower embodies the Sofitel brand's French elegance. It caters mostly to business travelers, though the location near Magnificent Mile, the stylish lobby, the sexy Le Bar and the sleek, contemporary decor makes it a good choice for leisure travelers as well.
This luxury property pays attention to the details that make for a more intimate stay, from the warm "Bonjour!" at the front desk, to the fresh flowers in the bathrooms, to the free Evian bottles at turndown.
The chic lobby is the entryway to the hotel’s busy restaurant Café des Architectes, which features a French-inspired menu. The stylish Le Bar serves a great selection of wines and champagne cocktails in an intimate space.
The rooms are bright and spacious, with large windows overlooking imposing skyscrapers, contemporary art on the walls, and modern decor. Marble-tiled bathrooms come with separate showers and bathtubs and high-end toiletries.
Two blocks from the Magnificent Mile and within walking distance of some of Chicago’s top attractions
The Sofitel Chicago is located two blocks the Magnificent Mile, an iconic stretch of North Michigan Avenue known for its upscale shopping. However, it is not all about department stores out here. Art galleries, top-notch restaurants, and landmarks -- such as the Water Tower, John Hancock Observatory, and Museum of Contemporary Art -- and are within easy walking distance of the hotel.
- 5-minute walk to the Water Tower Place
- 6-minute walk to the John Hancock Observatory
- 8-minute walk to the Museum of Contemporary Art
- 5-minute drive to Millennium Park
- 6-minute drive to the Theatre District
- 7-minute drive to the Loop
- 7-minute drive to Navy Pier
- 8-minute drive or 12-minute subway ride to the Chicago City Hall
- 5-minute drive to Old Town
- 7-minute drive or 11-minute subway ride to the Art Institute of Chicago
- 8-minute drive or 22-minute subway ride to the Lincoln Park Zoo
- 9-minute drive to Museum Campus (home to the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Field Museum, and Soldier Field)
- 12-minute drive or 20-minute subway ride to the Wrigley Field
- 25-minute drive to Midway International Airport
- 35-minute drive to O’Hare International Airport
Bright rooms with sleek modern decor -- but no iPod docks or CD players
Most of the clean-lined, modern rooms are outfitted with blond woods, red carpets, and plush white feather bedspreads. Even standard rooms have walk-in showers and separate bathtubs.
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs with cable access (including premium channels)
- Plush feather mattresses and duvets
- Marble bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower; Lanvin toiletries; fresh flowers and a candle
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Bose radio
- Turndown service with free Evian bottles
- Free newspaper delivery (upon request)
- Safe big enough for a laptop
- Smoking rooms available
24-hour fitness center, but no spa or pool
A French restaurant and a champagne bar
Customers Who Viewed Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We all know the feeling of wandering into the hotel gift shop and tearing open our favorite bag of chips…
The most celebrated chefs from coast to coast relish the fall; tasty treats like squash, kale, pumpkin, and apple come…
Things You Should Know About Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
Address20 East Chestnut St - Downtown, Chicago, Illinois 60611, United States
- Junior Suite
- Luxury Room
- Presidential Suite
- Prestige Suite
- Superior Room