Oyster Hotel Photos
Customers Who Viewed The Blackstone, a Renaissance Hotel Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
The Blackstone is located in the South Loop, across from Grant Park
The Blackstone is located in the South Loop, across the street from Grant Park and its famous Buckingham Fountain, which can be seen from most of the rooms. Museum Campus is just a short walk away, and there is one Metra line within three blocks of the hotel, as well as five subway lines within five blocks. However, the vibrant Loop neighborhood and the Magnificent Mile are farther north.
- 8-minute walk to the Symphony Center
- 11-minute walk to the Art Institute of Chicago
- 14-minute walk to the Millennium Park
- 20-minute walk to the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)
- 22-minute walk to the City Hall
- 10-minute subway ride to the Theatre District
- 15-minute subway ride to the Magnificent Mile
- 18-minute subway ride to the John Hancock Observatory
- 23-minute subway ride to the Old Town
- 28-minute subway ride or 17-minute drive to the Wrigley Field
- 8-minute drive or 28-minute subway ride to the Navy Pier
- 12-minute drive or 25-minute subway ride to the Museum of Science and Industry
- 20-minute drive to Midway International Airport
- 35-minute drive to O’Hare International Airport
More stylish than your typical chain hotel
Lake View Guest Room
Rooms are spacious and bright, and some have impressive views of the famous Buckingham Fountain and of Lake Michigan. They all come with high-tech amenities — such as 32-inch flat-screen TVs and iHome docking stations — and modern decor. Think: plush white beds, red accents, and marble bathrooms with bold black-and-white wallpaper.
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs with premium cable access (including CNN, ESPN and HBO)
- Marble bathrooms with retro, black-and-white paisley wallpaper, Aveda toiletries, and a walk-in shower or shower/tub combo
- iHome docking station
- Big, standard Guest Rooms are 395 square feet.
- Club Level rooms are the same size, but offer access to the Club Lounge, with free hors d’oeuvres, free non-alcoholic beverages, an honor bar, and free business services.
Ballrooms at The Blackstone
- Solid 24-hour fitness center with cardio machines, weight training machines, exercise balls, stretching mats, and free weights
- 11,396 square feet of meeting space, including nine meeting rooms and a sumptuous ballroom
- Evening turndown service
- Free newspaper in the lobby
- Daily fee for Wi-Fi also covers local and domestic phone calls
- Pets are allowed for a fee
- View full list of amenities
An acclaimed Catalan restaurant and a Starbucks
Mercat a la Plantxa
- Mercat a la Plantxa is a trendy, upscale Catalan tapas restaurant that's popular with locals as well as guests.
- Starbucks on-site
The quirky, 328-room Blackstone hotel across from Grant Park, in South Loop, mixes contemporary style with the building's restored historic grandeur. Some of the bright, modern rooms have great views of Lake Michigan, the meeting spaces are grand, and the on-site tapas restaurant draws locals as well as guests.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About The Blackstone, a Renaissance Hotel
- 636 South Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605
- Club level Guest Room
- Club Level Lake Michigan View Room
- Executive, Larger Guest Room
- Guest Room
- Lake Michigan View Room