The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas BayCorpus Christi, Texas, United States
- Excellent location facing the water on Aransas Bay
- All rooms have balconies with rocking chairs facing the bay or pool
- Free daily breakfast and free Wi-FI
- Big outdoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi and tropical landscaping
- Bright fitness room with bay views and modern machines
- Rooms have microwaves and mini-fridges
- Coffeemakers with Starbucks coffee
- Scenic fishing dock jutting out into the bay
- Old tube TVs
- Outdated room decor including comforters instead of duvets
- Mold issues due to humidity and proximity to ocean
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Waterfront hotel with a relaxed, seaside vibe
The Lighthouse Inn has a wonderful waterfront location that encourages a relaxed atmosphere. The inn is located in a whitewashed building evoking old Victorian architecture, but also offers modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi and a fitness center. The namesake lighthouse helps set a laid-back, coastal vibe, and although there's no beach, a scenic fishing dock juts out into the bay. The inn is designed for kicking back, and features an outdoor pool surrounded by tropical landscaping, and the balconies in each room that offer two rocking chairs as well as lovely views of the bay or pool and gardens.
Right on the bay in Rockport with its own fishing dock
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay has an excellent location right on the bay in the north end of town. It is one of the few area hotels right on the water. Although there's no beach here, it is a quick drive to Rockport Beach Park and other local beaches.
Rockport is located about 32 miles north of downtown Corpus Christi and provides a nice alternative to staying in the city. It has a laid-back atmosphere but offers entertainment too in the way of shopping and dining. There are large chain grocery stores here and even a Walmart. The town itself sprawls along the shoreline of Aransas Bay.
- 48-minute-drive to Corpus Christi International Airport
- 3-minute-walk to Fulton Mansion State Historic Site
- 7-minute-drive to Aransas County Airport
- 8-minute-drive to Texas Maritime Museum
- 9-minute drive to Rockport Beach Park
- 9-minute drive to Aquarium at Rockport Harbor
- 38-minute-drive to USS Lexington Museum
- 38-minute-drive to Texas State Aquarium
- 39-minute-drive to American Bank Center (Convention Center)
- 39-minute-drive to Corpus Christi Museum of Science & History
- 40-minute-drive to Art Museum of South Texas
- 41-minute-drive to Water Street Market
- 41-minute-drive to Corpus Christi Marina
- 45-minute-drive to Port Aransas Beach
- 54-minute-drive to South Texas Botanical Gardens
- 70-minute-drive to Aransas National Wildlife Refuge
Comfortable rooms with dated decor and appealing balconies
Rooms at the Lighthouse Inn are clean and comfortable, but showing their age. Beds have comforters instead of duvets and a tropical-inspired motif -- with prints of birds, tropical trees, and florals -- is seen on the floors, walls, and in the artwork. Some furniture has a vintage charm to it, and countertops in the bathrooms are attractive dark marble. The best feature of each room is the patio or balcony, complete with two rocking chairs. These private wooden patios are whitewashed, matching the building's exterior. Guests can choose between rooms that face the bay or rooms that face the garden and pools.
Suites offer the extra convenience of a kitchen. These kitchens are stocked with glassware, plates, utensils, pots, pans, dishwashers, and full-size refrigerators.
A large swimming pool surrounded by tropical landscaping, and a scenic fishing dock
Beyond the private balconies with rocking chairs, the Lighthouse Inn also offers a few more appealing features. A large outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi, surrounded by tropical vegetation, is a great place to relax. Guests that are interested in fishing will want to cast a line from the scenic fishing dock. There is also a small fitness center with excellent views of the bay.
A solid hotel restaurant with bay views serving free breakfast daily
The Lighthouse Inn offers free breakfast every morning in the Palm Room Bar & Grill. This restaurant is also open daily for dinner.
- The Palm Room Bar & Grill serves a free breakfast buffet and is open for dinner.
- Breakfast buffet includes cereals, milk, yogurt, juices, eggs, breakfast meats, toast, and waffles.
- Several good restaurants nearby
Customers Who Viewed The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
From Caribbean beach destinations to bustling metropolitan cities, we found incredible sunsets from our travels around the world. The relaxed…
Things You Should Know About The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Address200 South Fulton Beach Road, Rockport, Texas Gulf Coast 78382, United States
- Captain Suite Bayside
- Captain Suite Poolside
- Handicap Queen Suite Poolside
- Keepers Cabin Bayside Room
- Keepers Cabin Poolside Room