Studio HotelSanta Ana, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Convenient location outside of downtown but close to area attractions and airport
- Gorgeous rooftop pool with comfy lounge chairs, plus a lounge (drinks served)
- Free Wi-Fi and free parking
- Stylish, modern rooms with flat-screen TVs
- Nice bathrooms with rainfall showerheads
- Better-than-average free daily breakfast
- 24-hour business center and meeting rooms
- Free coffee/tea in lobby
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Stylish and modern with an emphasis on art
The modern feel of the hotel is quickly noticeable from its exterior, which is composed of gray tile. The lobby and public areas are graced with an eclectic mix of art that runs the gamut from sculpture and paintings of naked torsos, to Costa Rican and Guatemalan folk art. The attractive lobby restaurant features floor-to-ceiling windows and a modern lounge area for enjoying cocktails or afternoon coffee. A board room and small business center (really just a computer and printer) are also packed in to the lobby, along with a small gift shop carrying Costa Rican souvenirs and travelers’ necessities.
Rooms are spread over three floors. The third floor features a ballroom, the small fitness center and the rooftop pool. The pool has wonderful city views and an adjacent bar/lounge area, complete with a gas grill for guests’ use. Hallways have a modern feel thanks to art and lighting on the top edges.
Although the hotel is in a busy part of town, noise isn’t an issue, as it fronts its own private driveway set back from the main road.
In the commercial district of Santa Ana, about 10 miles outside San Jose
Studio Hotel is located in Santa Ana, about 10 miles outside the capital of San Jose. The hotel is also close to San Jose’s Escazú suburb and its numerous shopping and entertainment options. Escazú is packed with U.S. chain restaurants and shops. Its Multiplaza Mall is one of Central America’s largest.
Santa Ana has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years and is one of the city’s busiest districts. It harbors many hotels and restaurants, along with a few golf courses and even equestrian facilities. Many leisure travelers stay in the area as a stopover before or after a flight.
- 15-minute drive to Juan Santamaria International Airport
- 20-minute drive to Pavas airport (domestic flights)
- 8-minute walk to local restaurants
- 6-minute drive to Valle del Sol Golf Course
- 8-minute drive to Multiplaza Escazú Mall
- 17-minute drive to National Theater
- 20-minute drive to National Museum
- 45-minute drive to Braulio Carrillo National Park
- 50-minute drive to Poás Volcano National Park
- 55-minute drive to Irazú Volcano National Park
- 70-minute drive to Jacó
- 2-hour drive to Arenal Volcano National Park
Stylish and spacious, with modern technology
The 82 rooms at Studio Hotel have a modern feel -- they're sparsely decorated in soothing earth tones. In tune with the lobby’s penchant for art, all of the rooms have a skinny, horizontal painting of nature (such as leaves with dew) hanging over the bed. Technology offerings include free Wi-Fi and 32-inch wall-mounted flat-screen TVs.
The views differ greatly. Some rooms overlook the front of the property (the street), while others have decent city or mountain views.
Rooftop pool and lounge offers comfort and great views
- Rooftop pool overlooking the city and mountains with eating/drinking area
- Lobby gift shop with souvenirs and basic traveler necessities
- Small fitness center with few machines
- Business center, conference rooms, and banquet hall
- Computers for guest use in lobby
- Lobby dining area for meals and drinks
- View full list of amenities