Travel Guide of Downtown Dallas, Dallas for: Aloft Dallas DowntownDowntown Dallas, Dallas, Texas
Downtown Dallas Summary
- Performing arts venues and museums in the Dallas Arts District
- Central hub for business travelers and professionals
- Many excellent dining options
- Unique fashion boutiques in the historic West End
- Busy nightlife; plenty of restaurants and night clubs open late
- Family-friendly attractions, like the Dallas World Aquarium, Dallas Children's Museum, and Farmer's Market
- Rushed pace during the daytime
- A bit pricey in the West End
What It's Like
Downtown Dallas boasts a blend of towering skyscrapers and historical sites, as well as performing arts venues and numerous museums in the the Dallas Arts District.
High-end dining and shopping can be found just south of the Arts District, in the historic West End. This area is full of classy eateries and unique boutiques, and charming buildings perch on the historic village’s windy streets. You might just forget for a minute that you’re even in the Lone Star State.
Where To Stay
Business travelers may want to stay near the Dallas Convention Center, cupped between the two interstates lining the southern end of the district. Foodies will also like this district –- restaurants can be found on nearly every block. Travelers looking for high-end dining options may want to stay in the West End, home to some of the best restaurants in Dallas. If it’s cultural sites you’re looking for, you should also aim for the West End, where many of the city's museums are located.