Travel Guide of Market Center, Dallas for: Wyndham Dallas Love FieldMarket Center, Dallas, Texas
Market Center Summary
- Hotels are generally less expensive than those in other areas of Dallas
- Market Center is the largest wholesale retailer in the world -- get ready to shop!
- A five-minute drive to Downtown
- Close to Texas Lovefield Airport and Southerwestern Medical Center
- Not much to do
- Not a walkable area (mostly highways)
What It's Like
Although it's only about a five-minute drive from Downtown Dallas, Market Center feels like the middle of nowhere. An area of highways and large shopping centers, Market Center's main attraction is, you guessed it, Market Center. The largest wholesale retailer in the world, Market Center is a huge shopping complex that features new "markets" every day -- everything from bridal shows to toy expeditions filter through Market Center and everything is for sale. There is also a nearby TBC Indoor Kart Racing Center, and Texas Lovefield Airport and the Southwestern Medical Center are in the area as well.
Where To Stay
There are numerous chain hotels in Market Center, convenient for those on a budget. Downtown Dallas is just a five-minute drive away, but those hoping to be able to walk to tourist attractions may consider staying in the more expensive hotels located in the center of Downtown.