Four Seasons MauiMaui, Hawaii, United States
- Spacious rooms with giant bathrooms (and some balconies with ocean views)
- Three high-design pools including an adults-only infinity pool
- Oceanfront setting on calm, snorkel-friendly Wailea beach
- Three on-site quality restaurants and a lobby lounge for drinks and sushi
- Spa and wellness center offers al fresco massages and has a gym
- Free Wi-Fi and no resort fee
- Free kids' club and game room plus equipment like snorkel gear, beach balls, and kindles
- Dedicated photo ambassador takes pictures of guests using their cell phone cameras
- Gift shop sells souvenirs and bathing suits
- 24-hour business center and free Japanese translation services
- Expensive dining and charge for breakfast
- Couples may find the resort too kid-friendly; expect lots of little ones
- Beach, swimming pools, and lobby are crowded
- Guest rooms in the back of the hotel don't have ocean views
- Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Hawaii
- Best Kid-Friendly Hotels on Maui
- Best Luxury Hotels in Hawaii
- Best Luxury Hotels on Maui
- Best Beach Hotels in Hawaii
- Most Romantic Hotels in Hawaii
- Most Romantic Hotels on Maui
- Best Hotels for Destination Weddings in Hawaii
- Best Hotels for Destination Weddings on Maui
- Best Hotel Spas on Maui
- Best Hotels on Maui
- Best Hotel Bathrooms in Hawaii
- Best Hotel Beaches in Hawaii
- Best Hotel Beaches on Maui
- Best Hotel Golf Courses in Hawaii
- Best Hotel Rooms on Maui
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 74 Amenities
- 6 Beach
- 50 Ocean Front Prime Room
- 11 Pool
- 28 Restaurants and Bars
- 38 Standard Ocean View Prime Room
Oyster Hotel Review
A sophisticated resort with a gorgeous beach and beautiful public spaces -- though it may be too family-friendly for couples looking for quiet romance
There are a lot of property features and guest rooms packed into this immaculate, art-filled property on the beach. The U-shaped building has a huge lobby that opens up to views of tall palm trees and the sandy beach beyond the blue pools. Museum-quality art by more than 200 local Hawaiian artists lines the walls and wicker furniture with blue cushions are clustered throughout the property so guests can relax and enjoy the views of the sculpture gardens and water. Free juice is self serve.
The hotel is popular with families, honeymooners, and the occasional vacationing celebrity. And yes, guests can expect the traditional lei greeting on arrival to the Four Seasons Maui.
In resort-rich Wailea -- great golf, calm beaches, luxury shopping, and nearly perfect weather
The Four Seasons is one of the four luxury resorts in Wailea: a manicured, planned resort development that lines two spectacular beach-dotted miles of Maui's southwestern shore. Besides the beaches and the almost perfect weather -- rain rarely falls in this arid microclimate, and the temperature hovers around 85 degrees year round -- golf and shopping are the area's big draws. Besides neighboring resorts, the area is mostly rural and undeveloped. The Shops at Wailea are only one mile away and the airport is about a 30-minute drive from the resort. Overnight self-service parking and valet options are available for a fee.
Contemporary design with island touches and enormous bathrooms -- plus some ocean views from the balcony
Guest rooms at the Four Seasons Maui Resort are done in the chain's trademark beige tones with island-style accents such as woven dark wood desk chairs, red floral couches, and two-poster beds. Each comes stocked with two bottles of water and includes a refrigerated mini-bar and coffee maker with Hawaiian-grown coffee. It's worth the upgrade to book a room with a teak-furnished balcony facing the swimming pool and water, instead of a room at the back of the property (which may overlook the parking garage). Spacious marble bathrooms with double vanities are a real highlight: soaking bathtubs, a scented candle, and Italian toiletries are standard while a satellite radio plays music. Expect an arrival gift and know that packing assistance is a free service. Request a Club Floor Room for access to free refreshments and dedicated staff in the private club lounge.
Top-notch facilities and a dizzying array of free amenities
The Four Seasons Maui Resort piles on feature after feature, offering top-notch facilities and activities along with plenty of freebies (there's no nickel-and-diming here). Families will likely love the kids' swimming pool, free game room with ping-pong and video games, and a seemingly endless array of snorkel equipment, sports gear, and DVD rentals. There are grass tennis courts, a putting green, and free scuba demonstrations in the pool.
Dining at the resort is a real treat but you'll definitely pay for it. Spago by Wolfgang Puck is popular for its Californian cuisine and panoramic ocean views. Ferraro's does Italian by the beach while DUO combines steak and seafood with an international wine list. Private dining is available for parties. There's a lobby lounge for cocktails and room service with a kid's menu.
Other fun features include a photo ambassador to take pictures of guests on their cellphones or cameras. Staff provides blankets with coffee and banana bread for guests who get up early to see the sun rise and free juice is always presented in the lobby.
The gym is an indoor/outdoor facility. Free classes include yoga on the beach, pilates, and tai chi but there's a charge for SUP yoga. The relaxing spa is a real treat: there are hillside huts for outdoor massages overlooking the ocean.
There's a tiny 24-hour business center which provides audiovisual equipment rental, in-room fax machines on request, and complimentary Japanese translation and interpretation. Notary services are available.
Three stunning pools, including an adults-only, ocean-view infinity pool
The three outdoor pools are stunningly designed with ocean views and water fountains. The adults-only infinity pool has an underwater music system and swim-up bar, as well as Missoni-designed cabanas available to rent. The kid's lagoon pool has a small water-slide coming out of a rock formation. The aptly named Fountain Pool has a large central fountain and is open 24/7. Pool staff actively maintains the gorgeous pools, providing Evian spritzes and free treats like pineapple skewers. Three kinds of sunscreen are available self-serve style. Some guests have complained that it's difficult to find an open sun lounger. Staff will clean your sunglasses and bring you a fully loaded Kindle upon request. Spa treatments can also be arranged poolside.
On one of the best, and sunniest, beaches in Maui
Wailea Beach is one of the best in Maui: a crescent-shaped shore with light brown, powdery sand that stretches over a third of a mile. The Four Seasons fronts a lovely section of the beach, which it shares with several other hotels. The sand is groomed every morning and small waves are great for body surfing and paddle-boarding. Outrigger canoe outings are free and fun. The southern edge of the bay has healthy reefs and occasional turtles so it's a popular snorkel spot. Like all of Hawaii's beaches, Wailea Beach is open to the public, but it draws far more vacationers than locals. Drink service on the beach is available, but you'll get better service by the pool.
Customers Who Viewed Four Seasons Maui Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
If you've ever been on the phone with a hotel reservationist (you know, like back in 1999) or have dealt…
We here at Oyster.com don't call ourselves travel experts for nothing -- it's because our staff has traveled the world…
Honeymoons, anniversaries, or just weekends away can be made all the more romantic with a bottle of champagne for drinking…
Picture this: You’re on a dream vacation in Maui with your significant other. The sun is setting over the Pacific…
If you're planning a trip to the Aloha State and have the budget to splurge, we've got you covered. These…
Things You Should Know About Four Seasons Maui
Address3900 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, Hawaii 96753, United States
Also Known As
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea
- Wailea Four Seasons
- Club Floor Oceanfront Prime Suite
- Club Ocean View Prime Room
- Club Ocean View Room
- Deluxe Oceanfront Suite
- Four Seasons Executive Suite Garden View
- Four Seasons Executive Suite Ocean View
- Four Seasons Executive Suite Partial Ocean View
- Four Seasons Executive Suite Prime Ocean View
- Garden View One Bedroom Suite
- Garden View Room
- Lokelani Suite
- Maile Suite
- Mountainside Room
- Oceanfront One Bedroom Suite
- Oceanfront Prime Suite
- Ocean View Deluxe Suite
- Ocean View Prime One Bedroom Suite
- Ocean View Prime Room
- Ocean View Room
- Partial Ocean View One Bedroom Suite
- Partial Ocean View Room