Hotel WaileaMaui, Hawaii, United States
- Cliff overlooking Maui's southern coastline on 15 gorgeous landscaped acres with views of the Wailea shoreline
- All-suites property with stylish decor, kitchenettes, and luxe bathrooms with rainhead showers
- Romantic Meditteranean restaurant, Capische? has a chef's tasting table
- The Cabanas poolside bar for artisanal cocktails and light fare
- Sophisticated pool deck with whirlpool, free cabanas, and fire pit
- Small and airy fitness center on-site
- Free Mercedes-Benz limousine shuttle to excellent sandy beach and restaurants at Grand Wailea, as well as to nearby shopping
- Beach club provides free chairs, towels, and bottled water
- Free parking and free Wi-Fi throughout
- Staff can set up yoga on the beach, kiteboarding lessons, and luxury booze cruises
- Not directly on the beach
- Pesky resort fee
- No kids under 16 (a pro for some)
- No great ocean views; some rooms have obstructed and distant ocean views
- Fitness center doesn't have a lot of equipment
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 48 Amenities
- 37 Beach
- 113 Ocean View Suite
- 100 Panoramic Ocean View Suite
- 98 Partial Ocean View Suite
- 63 Pool
Oyster Hotel Review
Intimate and romantic boutique hotel
Made up of 72 one-bedroom suites, Hotel Wailea is far calmer and more intimate than the area's usual 300-plus-room resorts. The 15 acres of meticulously landscaped garden grounds include a rock-lined foot bridge over a pond with a small waterfall, tall palm trees, and flowering tropical plants. A cute gazebo overlooks the Wailea shoreline and Pacific Ocean below. The semi-open air lobby is accessed up a set of stairs in a luxurious pavilion. The day's events and wine list are written with drawings on a chalkboard propped next to the reception desk, decorated with metal embellishments on the front panel. Kids under the age of 16 aren't allowed at the Hotel Wailea so the property has a quiet and serene vibe that's popular with honeymooners and couples.
In resort-rich Wailea -- great golf, gorgeous beaches, luxury shopping, and near-perfect weather
Surrounded by other luxurious resorts, Hotel Wailea is located in Wailea, a manicured, planned resort development that lines two spectacular beach-dotted miles of Maui's southwestern shore. Besides the beaches and the almost perfect weather -- rain rarely falls in this arid microclimate, and the temperature hovers around 85 degrees year round -- golf and shopping are the area's big draws.
- 10-minute drive from the beach (the hotel also offers a free shuttle to the beach)
- Short drive from the Shops at Wailea, an open-air mall with high-end shopping and dining options, as well as grocery stores
- Four highly regarded golf courses nearby
- Four-lane Wailea Alanui Drive is frequently crowded with slow-moving traffic.
- 35-minute drive from Kahului Airport
- Big Beach, La Perouse Bay, and other popular west Maui towns and beaches are anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour by car.
- Mount Haleakala, the island's dormant volcano, and Hana are at least two to three hours by car, along beautiful but challenging, narrow highways.
Free limousine shuttle to the beach club
Unlike most hotels in Wailea, the Hotel Wailea does not front the beach. But the nearby Wailea Beach, one of the best swimming and snorkeling beaches in Hawaii, has soft, fine-grain sand that's groomed every morning, small waves suitable for skimboarding, body-surfing, paddleboarding, and Hobie Cat sailing, and good snorkeling opportunities along the southern edge of the bay, which has healthy reefs and occasional turtles. The hotel provides a free Mercedez-Benz shuttle to a beach club with free chairs, towels, and bottled water.
One-bedroom luxury suites with kitchenettes and private outdoor spaces
The hotel's 72 one-bedroom suites were originally built in 1992 as member-owned condos. Since then, they've been completely updated into mini-luxury retreats with kitchenettes, private outdoor spaces, and full living room spaces. The decor is soft and relaxing. Think: lightwood floors, oatmeal-colored sectional sofas, and wicker chairs. Bleached coral and tribal art add beachy accents. Kitchenettes don't have stoves or ovens but there are mini-fridges, microwaves, and full sets of dishes. The bathrooms are stocked with Molton Brown toiletries. Soaking bathtubs, rain showerheads, and plush robes add to the zen-like feel of the suites. Each of the suites has a terrace set with sophisticated furniture. Views vary from garden grounds with the ocean in the distance, to the back of neighboring suites. Wi-Fi is free.
Gorgeous pool area, small fitness center, and free Wi-Fi
While most Wailea resorts are packed with enormous pool complexes and elaborate spas, that's not the case here. However, the available features are upscale and beautiful. One standout is the outdoor pool with a large pool deck set with chic furniture and a whirlpool. Sun loungers and umbrellas are ample, and there are free cabanas that have comfy couches and shade. An outdoor firepit adds ambiance and guests can order cocktails from the adjacent bar. Fruit-infused water is available for free.
While the fitness center is modern and spacious, with lots of natural light, it doesn't have much in the way of equipment aside from a few cardio machines and weight bench. A punching bag and stability balls are available, too. It's difficult to imagine getting much work done here, but there is an expansive meeting room and Wi-Fi is free throughout the property. Staff can assist with arranging excursions and recommending restaurants.
Capische?, The Cabanas, and limited room service
The Cabanas is the poolside bar/restaurant where guests can order handcrafted artisanal cocktails made with simple syrups and fresh juices along with light fare in the afternoon. Capische? is one of Wailea's best spots for romantic dining. The Mediterranean-inspired restaurant focuses on using organic ingredients and local fish. There's an excellent wine list, but the restaurant is only open for dinner and breakfast, which costs extra. A limited room service menu is available and food is delivered in to-go boxes.
Customers Who Viewed Hotel Wailea Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Decor and Design
The term "Hawaiian bedspread" conjures up images of scratchy, thin, floral monstrosities straight from the '80s. For a reason. Sure…
Things You Should Know About Hotel Wailea
Address555 Kaukahi Street, Wailea, Hawaii 96753, United States
Also Known As
- Resort Wailea
- Luxury Suite
- One Bedroom Garden View Suite
- One Bedroom Ocean View Suite
- One Bedroom Partial Ocean View Suite