The Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Rating: 5.0 Pearls
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Orlando, Great Lakes is a beautiful Greg Norman Signature Golf Course surrounded by the woods, lakes, and wildlife of the Grande Lakes property.
- 18-hole; 7,122 yards; par 72
- Kids play free with each paying adult
- Kids' golf etiquette class for ages five to 12
- Driving range
- Practice putting green, full-size bunker, and short-game area
- Calloway- and Taylor-made clubs, and FootJoy shoes available for rent
- $145 green fee for hotel guests, (includes golf cart and driving range)
- Twilight rate of $95 after 2 p.m.
Reunion Resort Rating: 5.0 Pearls
Some of the best golf in Orlando, featuring 54 holes designed by pros even non-golfers would recognize.
- Designed by Arnold Palmer, the 6,916-yard Legacy Course has more than 50 feet of elevation change, a rarity in Florida.
- The 7,244-yard Tradition Course, designed by Jack Nicklaus, is notable for its 18 flat, parkland-style holes.
- The Independence Course, at 7,154 yards, has garnered a number of accolades from the golf press.
- Green fees are $180, which includes the cost of a cart.
- On-site ANNIKA Academy has golf lessons and training, including sessions with Annika Sorenstam herself -- for those that can afford her time.
- Callaway rental equipment is $50 per 18 holes.
- A clubhouse with a restaurant, bar, assorted golf gear, and locker rooms is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wynn Las Vegas Rating: 5.0 Pearls
The Wynn Golf Club was designed by legendary course designer Tom Fazio. It is also the only 18-hole golf course on the Strip.
- It can cost $375 to play the 7,042-yard, par-70 course, but it comes with a landscape dominated by waterfalls, streams, and a forest of trees.
- Extremely well maintained
- Golf carts come stocked with beverages and there are food and beverages available on holes nine and 13. Callaway loaner clubs are available, as are caddies.
- One of the top courses in the greater Las Vegas area
Trump Doral Golf Resort & Spa Rating: 4.0 Pearls
Five championship courses, including the famed Blue Monster, which is used in the PGA Tour's WGC-CA Championship.
- Winner of numerous honors, including being named one of the 75 Best Golf Resorts in North America by Golf Digest, the Doral features five world-class courses, including the Blue Monster (named for the oversize lake in the middle of it), Greg Norman's Great White, and Raymond Floyd's gold course.
- The Doral also plays host to a Jim McLean golf school. Expect to pay a pretty penny for private lessons, but free lessons are run for one hour Wednesday through Sunday afternoons.
- Upwards of $175 per round in high season.
Turnberry Isle Miami Rating: 4.5 Pearls
Set among 300 tropical acres, this Raymond Floyd design features two recently revamped 18-hole courses.
- Two courses, the Soffer and Miller courses
- Recently hosted the NBC/ADT Golf Skills Challenge and The Stanford International Pro Am (LPGA)
- Green Fees complimentary for guests during the summer season (June 1-September 30)
- Recently added a 64-foot waterfall (the largest in the state) to the Soffer Course 18th hole island green