Club Ambiance - All InclusiveRunaway Bay, Jamaica
- Adults-only (18+) resort
- Access to 3 beaches -- one reserved for nude bathing
- Large rooms with balconies
- Nice outdoor pool with loungers and a bar
- Free water sports available
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Strictly adults-only, with all activities heading back to the bedroom.
When Mommy and Daddy are knocking back rum like this, it's no wonder they leave the kids at home. Club Ambiance is a low-budget resort with an equal split of American and British couples who are (ahem) extremely interested in each other (though singles and swingers are also welcome). This is as "adult" as it gets; strictly 18-and-over.
In a line of Main Street hotels, with not much else nearby.
Barely five minutes from Breezes Runnaway Bay, Club Ambiance is in a line of hotels of varying stature along Main Street. But apart from these hotels, there's really nothing else. And as is the case of most resorts in Jamaica, you can't just wander in unless you're a paying guest.
A 30-minute taxi ride to Ocho Rios costs $40.
From the flower-strewn bed to the TV (Playboy Channel on default), it's all designed to get guests in the mood.
Rooms are large, with hard mattresses, balconies, empty mini-fridges, and good lighting. There is Wi-Fi and wired Internet for a fee, but the property has otherwise pretty spartan in-room amenities for a place billing itself as a "resort."
Bathrooms are tiny and basic, with shower/tub combos, a sink and a toilet. There's decent water pressure, but the hotel only provides a wispy cake of brittle blue soap and no other toiletries.
Racist party games, a narrow beach, and a skanky nightclub -- but the game room and the pool are OK.
- Access to three private beaches -- one reserved for nude bathing
- Nice outdoor pool with plastic loungers and bar service. Beach towels provided at no extra charge.
- Free water sports available
- Game room dubbed the Ocean Club Bar, with billiards, table tennis, board games, a bar, a drum set, and a TV.
- Small and dark disco with a stripper pole.
- Tiny but clean gym with a couple of cardio and weight training machines.
- Unattractive hot tub
- Fee for wired and wireless Internet access.
- Massage beach hut
There is nothing "family" about Club Ambiance. It's strictly 18-and-over.
Between the stripper pole and the Playboy channel in all rooms, Club Ambiance is the opposite of kid-friendly. Even modest grown-ups will probably feel pretty scandalized.
Unimpressive, in terms of both quality and service.
- Cafe Calypso offers breakfast, night snacks, and buffet for lunch and dinner.
- Terrace Grill offers a la carte dining and light lunch items.
- Coconut Bar, Pool Bar and Pier Bar serve up boozy drinks.
- Ocean Club Bar is open on rainy days only.
Customers Who Viewed Club Ambiance - All Inclusive Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We all know that stomach-sinking sensation of showing up to a hotel and finding that it is nothing like we…
At Oyster, we’ve, well, gotten around. Our reporters have been to hundreds of resorts in sexy destinations from Jamaica to…
Things You Should Know About Club Ambiance - All Inclusive
AddressMain Road, PO Box 20, Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Caribbean
Also Known As
- Ambiance Hotel Runaway Bay
- Club Ambiance
- Club Ambiance Jamaica
- Club Ambience
- Club Ambience Jamaica
- Resort All Inclusive Ambiance
- 3 Bedroom Villa
- Deluxe Honeymoon Room
- Standard Room