Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Customers Who Viewed The Westin Jersey City Newport Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
Situated in a safe, upscale city, near several restaurants, and a simple, 15-minute subway ride into Manhattan
Just a five-minute walk from the PATH train to Manhattan, the Westin Jersey City is conveniently located in Newport and Exchange Place's expanding waterfront area. Along the promenade, there are breathtaking views of New York's skyline, as well as the shops and restaurants at the Newport Centre Mall (just a couple blocks away from the Westin). Across the street from the hotel, you will also find a variety of dining options, including Italian, Japanese, Mexican, and Indian cuisine.
In recent years, Jersey City has experienced an economic boom, transforming the area with a growing art scene (including Rock Soup Studios, 58 Gallery, Arthouse Productions, Lex Leonard Gallery, and a contemporary art museum). It's a safe place to visit, and it has a handful of attractions of its own, but even if all you want to see the more prominent sights of New York City, you're still in a fine launching-off point.
The only real downside to staying in New Jersey is that a taxi to and from Manhattan can cost a fortune (expect long traffic delays and tolls), and it can be especially difficult to find a Yellow Cab driver in Manhattan that's willing to take you to New Jersey. Get used to using the PATH subway line or the more scenic (but still affordable) water taxi.
- From the waterfront, you can see Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
- Five minute walk from the PATH train; 15-minute, $1.50 PATH (subway) ride into Manhattan from there
- Driving from Jersey City into Manhattan can take between 10 minutes and an hour -- depending on traffic -- plus there are tolls when entering Manhattan from the Holland Tunnel.
- 40-minute PATH train, plus another subway ride (for another $2.25), to Central Park
- 35-minute PATH train and subway ride to Times Square
- 25-minute PATH train and subway ride to the Empire State Building and a 35-minute ride to Rockefeller Center
- 50-minute PATH train and subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- 50-minute PATH train and subway ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met") and a 45-minute ride to the Museum of Modern Art (the "MoMA")
- At 360 to 375 square feet, Traditional Rooms and Deluxe Rooms are significantly larger than the average hotel room in New York. Each can fit a king-size bed or two double beds. Deluxe rooms also have an impressive view of the New York skyline.
- Westin Workout rooms start at 375 square feet, much like the Deluxe rooms, and offer a king-size bed, private LifeFitness Treadmill or Spinning Cycle, strength and core training equipment, and workout DVDs.
- Premium rooms, each with a king-size bed, start at 435 square feet and offer a soaking tub and shower, a sweeping view of the Hudson as well as New York's skyline, and a separate living space.
- Presidential suites offer an even bigger space with both a separate living area and kitchen.
- 37-inch flatscreen TV in all room
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Large bathroom with a cotton robe and dual showerheads
- Coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee
- In-room video games
- Large desk and workspace
- Excellent "Heavenly Beds": pillow-top mattress; goose-down pillows; seven layers of bedding
Located along the beautiful promenade in Jersey City, just a 15-minute PATH train (subway) ride from the hip West Village in New York City, the Westin isn't the most convenient option for New York sightseeing, but its 429 large rooms (with great beds), excellent gym, and indoor pool and Jacuzzi make being a little more patient well worth it.
Things You Should Know About The Westin Jersey City Newport
- 479 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, New Jersey 07310 , United States
Hotel is Also (or Was Formerly) Known As
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport
- Westin Jersey City
- Deluxe Room
- Junior Suite
- One-Bedroom Suite
- Parlor Room
- Premium Room
- Traditional Room
- Westin Workout Room