Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
About 20 minutes south of the Strip, but still near some quality drinking and dining establishments
Located in Henderson, the second largest city in Nevada, this Hilton property is at least a 20-minute drive from the densely packed three-and-a-half-mile-long stretch of hotel-casinos on Las Vegas Boulevard, better known as the Strip. Rather, this hotel is closer to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Casino and the South Point Casino (both a short drive away). In addition, several bars and restaurants are within walking distance, such as Vox Wine Lounge, Half Shell, Gaetano's Ristorante, Sushi Wa, Fausto's Mexican Grill, Buon Gusto Ristorante, and Applebee's. And there's Trader Joe's and Albertson's grocery store close by so that you can easily stock the in-room kitchen.
- 15-minute drive (or $25 taxi) to McCarran International Airport
- 20-minute drive (or $30 taxi) to the casinos, performances, incredible restaurants, nightclubs, and designer shopping on the Strip
- 10-minute drive to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Casino, which offers a casino, a spa, live entertainment, bars, and a variety of restaurants, as well as to South Point Casino; a free hotel shuttle runs from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. by request to both locations.
- 10-minute drive to The District at Green Valley Ranch, which offers a variety of retail shops
- Less than a 10-minute drive to the 18-hole Desert Willow Golf Course and Rio Secco Golf Club
- Free on-site parking
- 20-minute drive to the Las Vegas Convention Center
- Studio suites, the standard room type, comes with a king-size bed and ample space (about 400 square feet); one- and two-bedroom suites have a separate bedroom(s) with either a king-size bed or two queen beds (two-bedroom suites also have two full bathrooms and some include a whirlpool tub and separate shower).
- Full kitchen in all rooms -- a two-burner electric stove, a coffeemaker, and full utensils
- Separate living space with a sleeper sofa in all room types
- LCD 32-inch flat-screen TV in each suite
- Alarm clocks have MP3 hookups.
- Neutrogena bath products
- Video cassette player -- not a DVD player
- Granite countertops
- Excellent, Serta Suite Dreams bedding and feather pillows
- Balconies with some room types
- No smoking rooms available
- For a little Vagas-style luxe (for much less cash) you can also upgrade the two-bedroom Penthouse suite, which includes five flat-screens, a piano, a bar, two fireplaces, a kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a separate enclosed office with four chairs, two bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs and separate showers, a washing machine and dryer, and a private workout area with two cardio machines.
All 145 guest rooms are a bit outdated -- old, tube TVs with VHS players -- but they each include a full kitchen and a great bed. And though this Hilton-owned hotel is 20 minutes from the Strip, there are still restaurants and bars within walking distance and the Green Valley Ranch casino is just a short drive away.
Things You Should Know About Homewood Suites Henderson
- 10450 South Eastern Avenue, Henderson, NV, 89052
Hotel is Also (or Was Formerly) Known As
- Henderson Homewood
- Henderson Homewood Suites
- Homewood Henderson
- Homewood Suites Henderson/South Las Vegas
- 2 Kings Two Bedroom Two Bath Suite
- Double One Bedroom Suite
- Hospitality Suite
- King and 2 Queens Two Bedroom Two Bath Suite
- King One Bedroom Suite
- One Bedroom Larger Suite
- Studio Suite
- Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite
- Two Bedroom Two Bath Balcony/ Whirlpool Suite
- Two Room Two Bath Suite