K West Hotel & SpaLondon, England, United Kingdom
- Attractive, clean-lined rooms with flat-screen TVs, quality bedding, and hot drinks stations
- Modern, unique steel and glass facade
- Located within easy walking distance of the original Westfield’s shopping mall and Shepherd’s Bush Empire
- Full-service spa with a separate manicure room, "Snow Paradise" room, and jetted hydrotherapy pool
- Sophisticated bar with wall-length fireplace
- Efficient, competent housekeeping staff
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Fees for access to spa facilities and gym
- Poor customer service
- Location is far from the tourist sights
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Smart and sophisticated, but with corporate furnishings
From the modern metal-and-glass exterior facade to the white fringe chandeliers to the lavender damask wallpaper, K West comes off as sophisticated and contemporary. For a hotel this size (220 rooms), the reception and lobby area feel claustrophobic, as the bar is incorporated into the front lobby and the reception desk is tucked away to the side. The back library partly makes up for lost space – a small cozy room furnished in various shades of silver and purple.
Unfortunately, a few parts of the hotel have a more generic feel due to the use of corporate-quality furnishings: Hallways are papered in a bland mottled tan and covered with uniform gray carpeting, and corporate leather furniture abounds. It’s always difficult to pull off mood lighting effectively, and it's unsuccessful here: Hallways are dark without being comforting.
On the bright side, the spa -- the hotel’s most prominent feature -- is a delight: The interiors are elegant and calming -- well-suited for a place of healing and wellbeing. Funky features include the “Snow Paradise” room and starry night ceiling.
On a quiet residential street just off the main road in Shepherd's Bush
Shepherd’s Bush isn’t the hottest area of London, being located farther out from main tourist areas and central London. Perks include the stadium-sized music venue Shepherd’s Bush Empire, which puts on various big-name gigs on a constant basis. Europe’s largest urban shopping center, Westfield’s, whose sister branch has opened for the 2012 Summer Olympics in Stratford, is also located just next to the tube station and a short walk from the hotel. Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market, as well as the Lyric Theatre in Hammersmith are also nearby. As this is not central London, be slightly wary when walking around at night.
- 5-minute walk to Shepherd’s Bush station and Westfield’s shopping mall
- 8-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate station and Portobello Market
- 10-minute tube ride to Queensway station and Hyde Park
- 13-minute bus ride to Hammersmith and Lyric Theatre
- 15-minute tube ride to Bond Street station and West End shopping district including Selfridge’s
- 18-minute tube ride to Tottenham Court Road Station and Soho
- 25-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus and Piccadilly theatres
- 26-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
- 26-minute tube ride to Westminster station including Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament and scenic walks along the Thames
- 26-minute tube ride to Charing Cross station including Trafalgar Square, London ICA, and National Portrait Gallery
- 32-minute tube ride to Hyde Park Corner station and Green Park, including Buckingham Palace
- 34-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge station and Knightsbridge shopping district including Harrods
Relatively spacious, with a blend of contemporary and traditional styles
- Rooms are a blend of contemporary and traditional styles, featuring clean lines, dark wood and black lacquer furniture, and a palette of neutral colors.
- Room amenities are somewhat sparse: There's a hot drinks station, but no iPod docks, and a fee for Wi-Fi. Bathrobes are supplied in the Deluxe Room category and higher.
- The lowest room category, the Junior Double, comes with an oversized single bed and is meant for single occupancy.
- A sofa seating area is offered in the Deluxe room category and higher.
- Executive Rooms are spacious and feature limestone tiling in the bathroom.
- The K Suite features floor-to-ceiling windows, a walk-in wardrobe, and a sleek glass partition that separates the bedroom from the living room. The bathroom has limestone tiling and a freestanding tub with separate shower.
K Spa features elegant and sophisticated interiors, a separate manicure room, footbath corner, hydrotherapy pool, “Snow Paradise” facility, a sauna, and a Sanarium (a Sanarium isn't quite as hot as a sauna). The “Snow Paradise” room is meant to follow a hot steam treatment, and is based on Finnish spa techniques of using hot-cold therapy to stimulate circulation and the immune system.
Sophisticated bar with fireplace and modern European cuisine
Customers Who Viewed K West Hotel & Spa Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About K West Hotel & Spa
AddressRichmond Way, Shepherds Bush, London W14 0AX, United Kingdom
- Deluxe Room
- Embassy Suite
- Executive Room
- Junior Double Single Room
- K Suite
- Superior Double Room