Royal Garden HotelKensington, London, England
- Great central Kensington location with some rooms overlooking Hyde Park
- Spacious, contemporary rooms with big flat-screen TVs
- All rooms have iPod docks, minibars, and an electric kettle for tea/coffee
- Upscale bathrooms with White Company toiletries
- Fitness center (with kickboxing and Latin dance classes) and spa on-site
- Traditional Chinese restaurant, Min Jiang, on the 10th floor with city views
- Great breakfast buffet in the ground floor restaurant, Park Terrace
- Just 5-minute walk from the nearest tube station
- Space is tight in the basic room category
- Wi-Fi is only free when booking directly on hotel's website
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Classic and traditional with great dining and drinking options
The Royal Garden Hotel offers affordable luxury in a central Kensington location. Owned by the daughter of a late Singaporean businessman, the busy, vibrant Royal Garden Hotel was gifted to its owner by her father for her 21st birthday. While the hotel has a reputation for business and luxury clientele, it also has a 60s rock star heritage: Former guests include Sonny and Cher. The lobby is classic in style, with black granite floor tiling and metal chandeliers. The first-floor lobby bar has stronger design with dark lighting and geometric print sofas. Breakfast is served in the ground-floor restaurant and the 10th floor is home to an upscale Chinese restaurant. Room service is also available.
In a busy, shopping area of Kensington, five minutes from a tube station
The Royal Garden Hotel is situated comfortably between one of Kensington's busiest shopping districts and one of London's most beautiful parks. Some rooms have excellent views over sprawling Hyde Park. The hotel is only a five-minute walk from the Kensington High Street tube station. Close proximity to this tube stop means that any destination in central London is easy to reach via public transport.
- 3-minute walk to High Street Kensington shopping district
- 5-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 7-minute walk to Kensington Palace
- 12-minute walk to Royal Albert Hall
- 8-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate and Portobello Market
- 13-minute bus ride to Knightsbridge shopping district (including Harrods)
- 13-minute tube ride to Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Gallery
- 19-minute tube ride to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 23-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus and the theater district
- 24-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
Contemporary and sophisticated
The Royal Garden Hotel has four room categories and two different suite types. The rooms have contemporary decor; some may feel they lack a strong design concept or imagination, while others may find them understated and sophisticated. Bathrooms are spacious, and rooms are equipped with iPod docks, minibars, and coffee/tea facilities.
- The Queen Room is the most basic room type and is tight on space; it's intended for single occupancy.
- The King Room has considerably more space.
- The Garden room is the same size as the King Room, but has beautiful views over Hyde Park and a separate shower and bath.
- The Executive Room is billed as an ideal family room or executive business room, and has lots of space.
- Upgrading to a suite means a considerable price jump, but guests will get even more room, beautiful views over Hyde Park, and a separate lounge and dining room.
A spa and fitness classes
The best features here are the spa, with a long list of treatments (from manicures to massages); and the fitness center, with a range of classes from kickboxing to yoga to Latin dance.
Two upscale, appealing restaurants and three bars
There are two appealing restaurant options at the Royal Garden Hotel. Min Jiang serves traditional Chinese cuisine on the 10th floor with great views of London. The ground-floor restaurant is Park Terrace, where breakfast is served.
- Opened in the Fall of 2009, the Min Jiang serves traditional Chinese cuisine and is open for lunch and dinner.
- Park Terrace, on the ground floor, is committed to serving sustainable and seasonal fare, in addition to a good breakfast buffet and afternoon tea.
- Three different bars ranging from the classic to the contemporary
Customers Who Viewed Royal Garden Hotel Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Royal Garden Hotel
Address2-24 Kensington High Street, London W8 4PT, United Kingdom
- Contempoarary King Room
- Executive Room
- Garden Room
- Park Suite
- Queen Room